Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Mississippi HomeBrew Forum > What Have the Mississippi Homebrewers Been Up Too?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 03:40 AM   #11
Gus_13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nice! I've decided to do a Farmhouse Saison with the WL American Farmhouse yeast. I'm going to pitch yeast about 68 degrees and let it go a few days then ramp up to 75-80 degrees. Let that ferment in the primary for a month or longer. Then bottle and wait a few months. Hoping to have a nice summer beer! I keep doing these brewers with longer fermentations! I may do my Belgian dark again in the mean time. It's getting close to being ready to bottle here soon.

Thanks for the reply Daybis!

Bottled/Conditioning: BDSA #3 - Wallonian Farmhouse Ale - IIPA w/ Mosaic, Citra and Simcoe
Secondary: BDSA Rum Barrel Aged - Wild Ale - Sour Saison with Peaches
Primary: Year 1 Lambic
On Deck: Saison w/ Brett - Oud Bruin - House Sour for Blending - Tripel w/ Honey
Untappd: Gus_13
Twitter: @aaddkison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 AM   #12
Gus_13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Also how do you oxygenate your brews?

Bottled/Conditioning: BDSA #3 - Wallonian Farmhouse Ale - IIPA w/ Mosaic, Citra and Simcoe
On Deck: Saison w/ Brett - Oud Bruin - House Sour for Blending - Tripel w/ Honey

Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #13
DrewBrew08
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no im not serious

Primary # 1: Air
Primary # 2: Air
Primary # 3: Air

Bottled: Pale Ale Prince #11, Blueberry Muffin Top #12, Belgian Tripel #13, Smooth Nut Brown #14, Boston Red Ale #16, Belgian Dubbel #18

Old 01-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Gus_13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Definitely not down for that!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #15
KrisPaulk77
Recipes 

Howdy. Not super active on the forums, but I'll join in. Currently a Hattiesburg brewer, but should be back home in Pike County by the summer. I first brewed a few kit batches with a buddy about 15 years ago but it never took off. I started back brewing in 2008 and it's been downhill ever since. I've dabbled in a bit of everything since then. I've brewed Mr. Beer, extracts, partial mash all the way up to my current all grain set up. I've done meads, Belgians, sours, barrel aged, clean styles, you name it. I've even managed to pick up a few accolades and awards in my time brewing. I work offshore on an international vessel, so I brew like crazy when I'm on my days off. Good to see more Mississippi brewers out there. Cheers!

Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
mmurray
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'll jump in too... I don't get down this far in the forum threads too often.

I'm from the Coast and Co-Founder of the Anti-Homebrew Club Gulf Coast Brewers League. LOL

I'm on my 2nd/3rd Berliner Weisse after success with the 1st brew. Daybis... what yeast did you use? I have used the White Labs Berliner Weisse vial and have been very happy with it.

My 1st batch was an all grain, no boil batch that aged for 3 months @ 75F. I brought it to a festival and it was well received. Funny thing is I had about 2 pints left in the keg and so I just left the keg in the Garage for cleaning later. It sat in the hot summer garage for about 5 weeks and I was still too busy to clean it so on a whim I just threw it back in the kegerator an put it back on CO2... Boy were those last 2 glasses good and sour! Emphasis on the GOOD part too!

So my 2nd/3rd batch was also an all grain, no boil, bumped up to a 10 gallon batch. What I did though was also use 2 vials of WL Berliner yeast and 1 5gallons is straight and the 2nd I added 1.5lbs of dried tart cherries... Both have been sitting for 5 months in primary @ about 71F average. I have not touched them at all so I have no comment on where they are right now, but I'm looking forward to trying them someday.

Berliners are nice, because they are tart/sour and can obviously take a beating! Great low ABV summer beers and brew day is a breeze by skipping the boiling process! This will be a regular on tap from here on out!

“God bless Homebrewing Beer. There are many things a man can do with his time. And this, is better than those things.”

Gulf Coast Brewers League

Old 03-31-2013, 04:30 PM   #17
Gus_13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Bottling my Belgian Pale Ale today. I went back and forth on bottling it with Brett but decided against it. This one will be my regular one to compare my other experiments with. I'm going to do the same pale ale and have different variations. One will be dry hopped and one will be bottled/secondaried with a Brett strain. Then maybe blended.

I'm also working on my Golden Strong Ale Recipe. It and my Tripel will be brewed in the near future.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #18
Daybis
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

This thread hasn't been updated in a while. I was thinking about starting another "what are ya'll up to" threads, but I thought I'd try and get this one rolling again.

Anyways, I've taken a small hiatus from brewing for the most part this summer. Mostly because it's too damn hot to brew in my garage. Our club did a recent big brew day at my place a few weeks ago. We had three batches going. Here's a photo:

I brewed up an IIPA. Other members brewed up an ordinary bitter and two pale ales. I brewed an all zythos IPA the next day.

Our club is having another big brew day this weekend. I plan on whipping up a Munich Dunkel. I'm using extract so I can give the munich extract from norther brewer a try. Up on deck for my future brews include: berliner weisse, classic rauch, breakfast porter, and an american stout.

Ontap: Hard Cider
Primary: IIPA, All-Tythos IPA
On Deck: Munich Dunkel, Classic Rauch, Breakfast Porter, American Stout

Old 10-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
Gus_13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daybis View Post
This thread hasn't been updated in a while. I was thinking about starting another "what are ya'll up to" threads, but I thought I'd try and get this one rolling again.

Anyways, I've taken a small hiatus from brewing for the most part this summer. Mostly because it's too damn hot to brew in my garage. Our club did a recent big brew day at my place a few weeks ago. We had three batches going. Here's a photo:

I brewed up an IIPA. Other members brewed up an ordinary bitter and two pale ales. I brewed an all zythos IPA the next day.

Our club is having another big brew day this weekend. I plan on whipping up a Munich Dunkel. I'm using extract so I can give the munich extract from norther brewer a try. Up on deck for my future brews include: berliner weisse, classic rauch, breakfast porter, and an american stout.
Awesome! I have been on a small hiatus for the same reasons. I'm going to brew this weekend to start it back off. I'm thinking about a Belgian Pumpkin Dubbel but not positive.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 AM   #20
BadDeacon
Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts

Bottled yopper's runination clone Saturday and brewed an APA. Planning on some root beer for my kids and a black ale for me. Thinking about changing the recipe and using citra for aroma.

I had problems with temp back in the summer but found a big cardboard box and a leftover window unit in the garage will hold 65 very nicely in the garage. Not to tackle the nightly cold crash problem since SWMBO doesn't want the fermenters back in the house.

Quick Reply