New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Mississippi HomeBrew Forum > Mississippi Roll Call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #51
delta
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I was too until I happened to drive by there after a duck hunt. I didn't stop though....just made a mental note. I'm going to be up that way Monday and Tuesday so I'll stop by if I have time.

Also, there is a new homebrew bill this session.....I hope it passes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 01:05 AM   #52
jrodskreet
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This may be getting off topic but I stopped by brewhaha this afternoon. Didn't have much time to look or talk much but they had a lot more than I expected. Hopefully next time I have more time

Old 01-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #53
captainkirk83
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

They have been great to this rookie brewer. Only thing I've made until now has been hopped liquid malt extract. They helped me scale my first all grain recipe to a two gallon size cause o don't have a bigger pot yet.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #54
Gus_13
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVKTR2 View Post
Gus, what is 'Punishment'? Sounds like an IPA, or marriage therapy!
Ha ha it could work for either! Punishment was short for the name of my changing Belgian Dark Strong Ale. The original name was Holy Wars... The Punishment Due. Most of my stuff was going to have music related names. I've decided to go a little bit different direction. I changed the name to Obscurite. French for Darkness. This one was brewed with a specific yeast and hop and the next will be changed up a bit!
Saison Weisse (Lacto fermented Saison)
Untappd: Gus_13
Twitter: @aaddkison

Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #55
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Also, there is a new homebrew bill this session.....I hope it passes.
Hopefully it does pass. HOWEVER, and this is a constant gripe of mine as I'm virtually an anarchist when it comes to the machinations of government/governance... however the bill as introduced legalizes homebrewing only where it is legal to possess light wine and beer. Meaning rather than simply amending current MS code 67-3-11 to add beer, cider, and mead alongside wine which is currently fully legal to make ANYWHERE in the state regardless of commercial possession/sales laws it's a 'limited step forward'. Yes I'll be happy as a worm in a fermenting peach, but why must humanity inch forward on it's belly toward liberty rather than seize it with both hands. We will continue to quite literally beg government to 'allow' us to be free... in a word it's frustrating, and don't dare call it freedom! [/end_rant]

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #56
MVKTR2
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Ran across this series from Hop Union which walks you rather quickly through the hop growing process. Thought it'd be useful to those wondering about growing hops.

"Perhaps wisdom for me is understanding how truely small I am, and that there is no smug self centered moment of clarity when there is so much more to learn" Anthony Bourdain

Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #57
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Default Native Mississippian

I'm from New Albany, MS. I'm active duty Navy out here in San Diego. I didn't get into homebrewing until I got out here. Now, I can't get enough of it! Making recipes and labels for everything.

Untappd: https://untappd.com/user/matthewajumper

Old 04-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #58
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 137 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 2

From MS originally, get back about once a year. Glad to finely get some good beer after the changes to the laws last year. Will be interesting to see how things improve with the HB change. Been telling the wife we need to move back and open.a brewery, but she doesn't want to leave CO and her family here anytime soon

Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #59
Titan88
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
From MS originally, get back about once a year. Glad to finely get some good beer after the changes to the laws last year. Will be interesting to see how things improve with the HB change. Been telling the wife we need to move back and open.a brewery, but she doesn't want to leave CO and her family here anytime soon
Haha! I'm trying to talk my wife into moving to MS and opening a nanobrewery as well. I already have a brand planned out. Beer names, labels and recipes all suitcased and ready to go!

Untappd: https://untappd.com/user/matthewajumper

Old 05-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #60
Paschendale
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm in South-central MS but I don't know if I count as a brewer yet, since I've yet to brew my first batch of beer, although I've done 4 batches of cider. Nice to meet you guys!

"When these things happen, everybody always says 'These things happen', and that's why they happen." - Mrs. Marcus

Quick Reply

Newest Threads