The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Alabama HomeBrew Forum > Any homebrewers in Alabama ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #31
means5104
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm from the Gadsden area, and looking to meeting some folks from my area that brew. I have a friend in Bham that I brew with occasionally, but have never met anyone else. I'm all for starting a club or tastings.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #32
rochellex244
Recipes 

I'm from Alabama, well the Mobile area. So unfortunately I'm not close, but it is nice to see some fellow alabamians here.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #33
BamaBees
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Wiregrass Homebrewers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated1 View Post
I know a few of you guys are from Alabama. Are there enough homebrewers in Alabama that there might be some interest in forming sort of a home-brew club or something ? Nothing really complicated, I was just thinking it might be fun to have a meeting every month or two and drink some homebrews, swap recipes, share tips and stuff.
Starting one down in the Wiregrass. Check us out on Facebook.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
FTG-05
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Alabama brew clubs. Except for the RCB in Madison/Huntsville, I don't know how accurate these listings/links are:

http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pa...rewclubAL.html

http://www.alahomebrewing.org/homebrewing-clubs

If brewing was legal in AL, I'd brew up a bunch of beer! Like NB's Cream Ale (2), AK-47 Pale Mild (3), American Wheat (1) and Rye Ale (1). But, since brewing isn't legal in AL, I haven't brewed any of the above beer.

Nor do I have one batch of AK-47 Pale Mild or Cream Ale fermenting right now and the AK-47 won't be ready to bottle this weekend and it won't be followed by the Cream Ale the week thereafter.

I can't wait until brewing is legal in AL!!! It will happen next year!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #35
shelly_belly
Easy Wind
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I don't know about that. Alabama's in a pissing match with Mississippi to be the last state to allow it, if even then.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #36
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
Alabama brew clubs. Except for the RCB in Madison/Huntsville, I don't know how accurate these listings/links are:

If brewing was legal in AL, I'd brew up a bunch of beer! Like NB's Cream Ale (2), AK-47 Pale Mild (3), American Wheat (1) and Rye Ale (1). But, since brewing isn't legal in AL, I haven't brewed any of the above beer.

Nor do I have one batch of AK-47 Pale Mild or Cream Ale fermenting right now and the AK-47 won't be ready to bottle this weekend and it won't be followed by the Cream Ale the week thereafter.

Okay, I'll play. If brewing were legal, I'd probably have a Reaper's Mild and a Rye IPA (6.4% ABV and so delicious) on tap right now with a stout and Fat Tire clone carbonating in kegs, soon to come up on tap. I'd also have a 1.095 imperial stout that I brewed just last Friday still bubbling slowly (having already reached 1.033 when I checked it two days ago). I can imagine having an Oktoberfest that I brewed in April still in the downstairs fridge in secondary and just about to be transferred to a keg. Of course, all of this assumes we'd also not be subject to the 15 gallon storage limit which was part of this year's bill, since all of those would be 5 gallon batches.

If only brewing were legal! For now, at least we have our amazingly vivid imaginations. So vivid I can almost taste it.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #37
Whattawort
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 98 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post

HA! The Huntsville Alabama Homebrewers Association is located about 5 houses down from where I grew up. Awesome.

Bottled - Swamp Water Mead
Kegged - Ryerish Red
Fermenting - Plinius Maior

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #38
kdar
Recipes 

I am from Huntsville, AL. Started doing my first batch of wine, from some muscadine I collected last week from my yard. Prior to this was only brewing kvass.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
1965beerman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orthobrewsky

Okay, I'll play. If brewing were legal, I'd probably have a Reaper's Mild and a Rye IPA (6.4% ABV and so delicious) on tap right now with a stout and Fat Tire clone carbonating in kegs, soon to come up on tap. I'd also have a 1.095 imperial stout that I brewed just last Friday still bubbling slowly (having already reached 1.033 when I checked it two days ago). I can imagine having an Oktoberfest that I brewed in April still in the downstairs fridge in secondary and just about to be transferred to a keg. Of course, all of this assumes we'd also not be subject to the 15 gallon storage limit which was part of this year's bill, since all of those would be 5 gallon batches.

If only brewing were legal! For now, at least we have our amazingly vivid imaginations. So vivid I can almost taste it.
Brew anyways. I do

Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #40
Orthobrewsky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965beerman View Post
Brew anyways. I do
Yeah, I was just kidding. The beer story above was based closely upon real-life experience and I forgot to mention the bottles, including a barleywine, born last December and barely touched so far.

Quick Reply