Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > World of Beer - Viera, FL

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
chumprock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmolledo View Post
if i was in tampa I wouldn't get anything done. i'd hang out at Cigar City all day long.

This.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
medbrew
Recipes 

There is a WOB by me in Sarasota, FL, just south of Tampa. I was talking to the manager/bartenders and they have to go through an intensive beer education program offered through the company. They also have to do repeat competency exams every year or so.

The WOB by me also has breweries come once a month on the first Tuesday. Not sure if they do that at every location. A few months ago they had Dogfish Head reps (supposedly Sam, the owner of Dogfish was supposed to come but that didn't happen)....that was quite a night to say the least. They had amazing kegs you can't find anywhere else -- Raison D'Etre, Midas, Burton Baton, 120, Fort, Immort, Pangea, and Theobroma.

WOB rocks.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #13
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

They opened a WOB near UCF in east Orlando which is very close to me. Tried it last night and the place was pretty full, looks like it will be a big success (location, location, location!). Very nice selection of draft beers, a few of which are nitros. I had a nitro Old Speckled Hen (my first OSH), draft Fort Collins Big Shot Hazelnut Brown Ale (seasonal), and draft Southern Tier Oak (seasonal RIS). All were good and poured perfectly in the correct glass.

And it's right next to a Pei Wei which is a bonus imo (LOTS of restaurants in a small area there).

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 12-10-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
fezzman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
They opened a WOB near UCF in east Orlando which is very close to me. Tried it last night and the place was pretty full, looks like it will be a big success (location, location, location!). Very nice selection of draft beers, a few of which are nitros. I had a nitro Old Speckled Hen (my first OSH), draft Fort Collins Big Shot Hazelnut Brown Ale (seasonal), and draft Southern Tier Oak (seasonal RIS). All were good and poured perfectly in the correct glass.

And it's right next to a Pei Wei which is a bonus imo (LOTS of restaurants in a small area there).
That is awesome. Living in Titusville, UCF is a pretty easy shot down HWY 50. Now I have two WOBs within about the same driving distance.

Craft beer bars on the central/North Brevard side just don't exist. There is literally no place to get any selection of craft between WOB Viera and Big Planet in Edgewater. Glad to see that at least surrounding areas are giving more options.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #15
Old_E
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They are about to open one on Howard Ave. in S. Tampa. Don't know when, but I drive by all the time, and they are working on it.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #16
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzman View Post
That is awesome. Living in Titusville, UCF is a pretty easy shot down HWY 50. Now I have two WOBs within about the same driving distance.

Craft beer bars on the central/North Brevard side just don't exist. There is literally no place to get any selection of craft between WOB Viera and Big Planet in Edgewater. Glad to see that at least surrounding areas are giving more options.
WOB being so close to UCF has its perks.

[/dirtyoldman]
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 12-24-2010, 03:33 AM   #17
juvinious
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampassJ View Post
Just found out we're getting a WOB of beer in Coconut Creek, about 5 miles from my house and 3 miles from my school.
WOOT! I just checked their site and I'm also getting one close to me (Dadeland) which is about 10 mins away.
Bottled: Pyment | Strawberry Melomel

Quick Reply