The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Tampa Big Brew Day

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #11
PassionForThePint
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm torn on what to do Saturday. I really want to get out to the Special Hoperations event, but I don't have the equipment to bring out. So right now, I'm leaning towards heading over to the Independent. They have a great collection of sour beers and that's one of my weaknesses.

Mike from the Passion For The Pint

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
stanley1271
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I might be stopping by to pick up some ingredients that day. Not sure how long I can stay as the mothers in my family want to have their day a day early to miss out on all the others that will be doing it on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujieagle View Post
I'm telling ya, she's nuttier than a squirrel turd.
Kegged:
  • AHS Anniversary Hefeweizen
  • American Devil IPA

Old 05-05-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
Jersh
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Wow, sounds like there's a bunch of different brew events in Tampa on Saturday! I wish I could make it to all of them!

I know there will definitely be homebrew samples at the Southern Brewing event... They have a bunch of beers on tap in their little serving room. I plan on bringing my portable kegerator as well with an IPA.

As far as the logistics of getting equipment there, thankfully I can fit everything I need in my small SUV (or at least I did last year). Yes, you definitely need to bring your own water, they will have hoses around for immersion chillers but obviously you won't be able to get toooo chilled in this heat. I'm brewing an Octoberfest lager, so I'll chill it as low as I can there and then bring it home and finish the chill in my fermentation fridge. Not ideal but it works.

Quick Reply