The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Pensacola Fl June 1 to June 12

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #21
hukdizzle
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I will be leaving for Ft. Walton around 2:00 PM, don't think I will be able to make it unfortunately.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 PM   #22
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee John View Post
Holy Cow! Someone should have warned us.... we went to McGuires tonight... The beer wasn't overly impressive, but the food was great... and a so much of it. Those deep fried mashed potato things were awesome. Now I need a week fasting to get back to normal.
Agreed, their beer is definitely brewed to be approachable for the masses. Their food is awesome, I usually go for the corned beef and cabbage.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 06-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #23
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

OK, this post is way over due...

A great big thanks to Coastarine, his wife and friends for hosting me and my (bud light) drinking friends (they're still telling people about Jon's awesome homebrew). I think made a convert or two.... we'll see. He was generous with his beers and his food and didn't complain when we were (unintentionally, but rudely) late. He's a class act.

Jon had us out on Saturday and not one of the six beers he had on tap was less than awesome. He was also kind enough to share some bottled brews he had a limited supply of - all of them fantastic as well.

I'm really partial to Jon's citrus kolsch... and it was evident later that evening, that I probably had a little more than my fair share.

Here's some evidence.... Jon (Coastarine) left, and John (Seabee) right

Absolutely fantastic time... thanks again Jon!

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Old 06-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #24
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Definitely a good time. Here's the recipe for that kolsch, its a BierMuncher: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/oran...h-ag-ex-30918/

I posted how I brewed it a little differently.

The more people drink of my beer, the happier it makes me. As far as I'm concerned, that's the biggest compliment you can pay. Plus it means I'm that much closer to getting something new on tap. I'll be glad to have you over if our paths cross again, although it isn't likely to be in florida next time.

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #25
Valk0001
BIG GUY HOMEBREW
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Not tryiing to steep where I do not belong but I am wondering why there where no suggestions for the P-Cola Brewery? Nice, lil place not far from HopJacks at all. The Vanilla Porter is worth the visit alone.

<-------Panama City Beach

Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #26
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Mostly because this thread is from '09 and it opened in Oct 2010. Thanks for bringing up a good memory though!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
seckert
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i found this thread as i did a search looking for some local brewers. I saw that it was sad that PBB hadnt opened by then. Pcola seems to be behind the power curve with local breweries and LHBS. Only have one of each. Decent bars for good selection of beers, but no locally made stuff except for PBB. I wouldnt count McQuires and i have never been impressed with their beers. The food on the other hand is pretty darn good though!

Quick Reply