New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Pensacola Fl June 1 to June 12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukdizzle View Post
I guess I need to force carb my two hearted clone and get it ready, I will bring some Orange/Centennial APA for ya.
Hey Curtis, I'm a HUGE...no I mean (((HUGE))) fan of two hearted... PM me with the recipe please..

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
bsay
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

While you're down there, if you want some good fresh fish, go to the Fish House. It's a nice place, on the water with the best fish I've ever had. I stop by there every time I'm in Pensacola.

Check out my Homebrewery Virtual Tour!

Who says you can't brew all-grain indoors?
Brewing 2.5 gal batches with a 2gal cooler MLT in my cramped apartment. Pictures coming soon!

Ask me about my Keezer/2.5 gal brew setup!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsay View Post
While you're down there, if you want some good fresh fish, go to the Fish House. It's a nice place, on the water with the best fish I've ever had. I stop by there every time I'm in Pensacola.
I was there the other night, had the cheese grits, that stuff is awesome. They also have a couple of good beers like sweetwater 420.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 06-02-2009, 11:33 AM   #14
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastarine View Post
I was there the other night, had the cheese grits, that stuff is awesome. They also have a couple of good beers like sweetwater 420.
I was going to ask you about sweetwater, I keep seeing it in the stores and wanted to know if it was any good before I bought any...

Hey it's looking like this weekend is looking good for getting together... unfortunately it probably will work better for me to get together on Sunday... I don't know if that will work better or worse for you guys...

I'm attempting to clear saturday afternoon and evening... I should have a better idea by tonight.

-John
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown

Old 06-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee John View Post
I was going to ask you about sweetwater, I keep seeing it in the stores and wanted to know if it was any good before I bought any...

Hey it's looking like this weekend is looking good for getting together... unfortunately it probably will work better for me to get together on Sunday... I don't know if that will work better or worse for you guys...

I'm attempting to clear saturday afternoon and evening... I should have a better idea by tonight.

-John
Saturday is preferable just because I'll have a simulator on Monday and I usually study on Sunday but with the proper planning I can get my studying done and be free on Sunday. I think Curtis usually has to work Sunday though.

420 is a very nice APA. I much prefer it over SNPA.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 06-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
hukdizzle
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - BeerSmith Brewing Software, Recipes, Blog, Wiki and Discussion Forum
Recipe: Two Hearted Clone
Brewer: biGhuK
Asst Brewer: ziG
Style: American IPA
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
Boil Size: 8.53 gal
Estimated OG: 1.068 SG
Estimated Color: 5.6 SRM
Estimated IBU: 71.2 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 90 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
10.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 76.92 %
2.00 lb Vienna Malt (3.5 SRM) Grain 15.38 %
0.50 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 3.85 %
0.50 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 20L (20.0 SRM) Grain 3.85 %
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (Dry Hop 5 days) Hops -
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (60 min) Hops 31.9 IBU
2.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (15 min) Hops 31.6 IBU
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (5 min) Hops 6.4 IBU
1.00 oz Centennial [10.00 %] (1 min) Hops 1.4 IBU

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 13.00 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Light Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 16.90 qt of water at 169.1 F 151.0 F

Notes:
------
Water Profile

Gypsum - 7.6gm
Salt - 7gm
Epsom - 3.9gm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is the recipe I used, mash around 152 instead or you'll come out with a 7.6% beer like I did. I fermented at 64' measured by the swamp chiller. This is eschatz recipe. My OG on this was 1.071 and finished at 1.013.

Yeah unfortunately I work on Sunday's from 8-5 but after that time I would be available. It appears as though I will probably be in Ft. Walton on Saturday even from about 3PM on. I would be available Friday night.

So I recently failed while moving around some equipment in my kegerator and loosened the nut that attaches the regulator to the co2 tank, this effectively drained all of the co2 completely and I cannot get a new tank until Friday. This beer is only mildly carbonated if any at all and besides that fact it's not even ready to be consumed. I will still bring some orange/centennial apa if we get a chance to meet up though. I will say this though if you are interested in doing a mail swap of the beer once I get it matured I will be glad to send you some of this two hearted clone for some of your brew .

Primary 1 - Cream Ale
Primary 2 - Cream Ale
Primary 3 - Empty
Secondary 1 - Empty
Bottled - Apfelwein, Big Roasted Rocket Fuel RIS
Kegged 1 - English Nut Brown Ale
Kegged 2 - American Brown IPA
Kegged 3 - Bavarian Hefeweizen
Kegged 4 - Empty
Kegged 5 - Empty

Last edited by hukdizzle; 06-02-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

We hit Hopjacks last night... had some awesome beers! Pizza wasn't bad either. I've got Saturday set aside to get together for some good Homebrew, don't think I'll be able to stick around for a full brewday.... But looking forward to it none the less.
-john

Old 06-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #18
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Holy Cow! Someone should have warned us.... we went to McGuires tonight... The beer wasn't overly impressive, but the food was great... and a so much of it. Those deep fried mashed potato things were awesome. Now I need a week fasting to get back to normal.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
hukdizzle
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

McGuires is awesome man, the brewmaster is part of our local brew club. The food there is outstanding, I don't think I have ever eaten a bad meal from that place. Wish I could make it out on Saturday but unfortunately I already had plans for that night to go to dinner in Ft. Walton. Hope you enjoy your stay John and if you want to swap some beer when you get back to your house just let me know!

Primary 1 - Cream Ale
Primary 2 - Cream Ale
Primary 3 - Empty
Secondary 1 - Empty
Bottled - Apfelwein, Big Roasted Rocket Fuel RIS
Kegged 1 - English Nut Brown Ale
Kegged 2 - American Brown IPA
Kegged 3 - Bavarian Hefeweizen
Kegged 4 - Empty
Kegged 5 - Empty

Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #20
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Curtis, what about the early afternoon.

Quick Reply