Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Pensacola Fl June 1 to June 12

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Pensacola Fl June 1 to June 12

I'll be in Pensacola for the first two weeks of June.... Any local HBT'rs care to meet for a beer?

PM w/ contact info.

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

No takers huh? well... can anyone point me in the direction of a descent pub?

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown

Old 05-31-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
bashe
Recipes 

Mc Guire's Irish Pub, is a local brew pub there thats pretty good. I would also recommend going to Hemingway's. Its a local restaurant that has really great food. Also in the are where Hemingway's is located they have quite a few bars. You can also go to Sammy's which is a pretty good strip club.

Coming Up: Westvleteren 12 clone, Oktoberfast, SWMBO Slayer
Projects: Fermentation Chamber
Beer Blog

Old 05-31-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey, I live here! McGuire's is not bad, but they usually just have four beers on tap that they brewed. If you want selection, hopjack's is good, they are the only place I've ever found gruit. A few other places I've heard about but not been are Ozone Pizza Pub and Brews Brothers. Brews bros apparently has 41 taps and 1 beer engine.

I'll send you a PM.

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 05-31-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
hukdizzle
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

If you get a chance to make it to Hopjacks on tuesday night pretty much everything they have is 3$ or 4$. I am sure we could organize some kind of small meeting at Hopjacks or something along those lines.

Coastarine pretty much listed off everything worth mentioning around here for beer selection, if you want to check out a couple of places with good cheap beer to buy I would recommend going to Four Winds International Market and Richies East on 9th Ave, they both have a great selection. Here is the website for Four Winds, Four Winds Fine Food Market, Inc. - The Largest Selection of Specialty Food "In The South" - Pensacola, Florida

Old 05-31-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

On the ground and checked in at the Base... I'll post a little later after some recon...
john

P.S. I'm glad to see a few people willing to meet up... this could be a fun two weeks!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:26 PM   #7
hukdizzle
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Sounds good, check out those places mentioned above if you get a chance. I'll send you a PM about getting up and having a beer.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:21 AM   #8
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I always like getting another brewer's opinion on my beer, I have six on tap and it won't cost you a penny. Hell, I have ingredients, we could have a brew day this weekend.

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #9
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastarine View Post
I always like getting another brewer's opinion on my beer, I have six on tap and it won't cost you a penny. Hell, I have ingredients, we could have a brew day this weekend.
Oh sure... tempt me with all that.... The mind is going a million miles an hour now...

Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
hukdizzle
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I guess I need to force carb my two hearted clone and get it ready, I will bring some Orange/Centennial APA for ya.

Quick Reply