Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > On my way!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #11
seckert
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchunk View Post
I'm going to build a cellar in my garage controlled with AC and a CoolBot. At least that is my intention. That an a couple chest freezers should be good (one for serving and one for fermenting - just like I used to have). Hopefully this will keep me set on beer storage for some time.

Have yet to get out to PBB and try any of their beer yet. I have been to Props over in FWB. Wasn't bad. Good food, and I had one of the eight they had on tap that was decent. Went back a second time and they only had three of their beers left on tap. Thinking they might not last long with that kind of output. Or maybe they need some help?

Haven't made it to McGuire's either. Heard they were a little hit or miss depending on which location you go to.
i havent been to props in FWB. PBB has some really good brews. I like their IPA the best followed by their porter. They also do guest pours and have wine just in case your SWMBO isnt a beer drinker.

McQuires is great for the food, but in my opinion if you are going there for the beer then you will be disappointed. i have only had one of their beers i really liked. The food is great though!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #12
suprchunk
I'm in OT now!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Does PBB have a restriction on children? I didn't see that they had any sort of restaurant so wasn't sure if it was just a pub without food or not.

We try and go places that the kids can tag along with, as Europe (minus England) was really lax about it and felt it should be up to the parents to raise their kids.

Once we get settled and find a sitter we will be able to hit the grownup spots more. Or the kids get a few years older.

Thanks for the information.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
seckert
Recipes 

Quote:
Does PBB have a restriction on children? I didn't see that they had any sort of restaurant so wasn't sure if it was just a pub without food or not.

We try and go places that the kids can tag along with, as Europe (minus England) was really lax about it and felt it should be up to the parents to raise their kids.

Once we get settled and find a sitter we will be able to hit the grownup spots more. Or the kids get a few years older.

Thanks for the information.
They dont have a restriction on kids as far as i know. i have seen strollers in there...haha They make their own Cream soda and root beer that both of my kids like. Mine have gone with me before but they are older 15 and 11. They dont have food there as it is FL law that you cannot prepare and serve food where you make beer. McQuires makes their beer in a different location than where they serve food. thats how they can serve food and their own beer.

you will find a lot of places are lax about bringing your kids and some places even have play areas for them. No one seems to care until it gets later in the night. so i would say until 8 you are probably good.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
suprchunk
I'm in OT now!

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckert View Post
They dont have a restriction on kids as far as i know. i have seen strollers in there...haha They make their own Cream soda and root beer that both of my kids like. Mine have gone with me before but they are older 15 and 11. They dont have food there as it is FL law that you cannot prepare and serve food where you make beer. McQuires makes their beer in a different location than where they serve food. thats how they can serve food and their own beer.

you will find a lot of places are lax about bringing your kids and some places even have play areas for them. No one seems to care until it gets later in the night. so i would say until 8 you are probably good.
Strange. Props brews their beer right there in the restaurant. Right next to the table we sat at.

Thanks for the tip about the kids. We'll definitely go check it out soon.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #15
seckert
Recipes 

Quote:
Strange. Props brews their beer right there in the restaurant. Right next to the table we sat at.

Thanks for the tip about the kids. We'll definitely go check it out soon.
I dont know then...that is what PBB told me when i asked about why they dont serve food...maybe cause they also distribute it from that location? IDK

Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #16
suprchunk
I'm in OT now!

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Might be. Not sure if a production brewery is allowed to operate as a brewpub. You can be only one I'm sure. I haven't read the license narrative in a while, so I could be wrong. Though I will be studying up on them again here pretty soon.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #17
seckert
Recipes 

So have you gotten a chance to get over to PBB or McQuires?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #18
suprchunk
I'm in OT now!

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Sorry for the delay in responding. Buying a house and moving in, not to mention getting settled in the new job, I've been busy for a bit.

Yes I have gotten over to PBB. Very nice place and really good beers. McGuire's I haven't had a chance to go. And to be honest, I don't think I will unless someone has a event there. Looks a bit too gimicky for me. I'd rather hit up Hopjack's for the food there. Plus they have a really decent selection.

I'm brewing all the time now since my stuff arrived. Hit me up if you want to brew.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
seckert
Recipes 

Hey I know how it can be sometimes...haha!
McQuires actually has pretty good food. You just have to order the stuff they are good at making. I dont go to often though as there are other places around which i like better and are cheaper...I'm not a fan of Hopacks food selection, but i am a fan of their beer selection. when i go downtown i eat pizza at Helen Back then go downstairs to Hopjacks to drink...

That would be cool to get together and brew sometime. I think i am going to the LHBS (Garys) to get stuff to make a brown ale tomm, but not 100% sure yet. I am looking to brew at least 2x over the holidays though since i have extra time off from work!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
suprchunk
I'm in OT now!

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckert View Post
Hey I know how it can be sometimes...haha!
McQuires actually has pretty good food. You just have to order the stuff they are good at making. I dont go to often though as there are other places around which i like better and are cheaper...I'm not a fan of Hopacks food selection, but i am a fan of their beer selection. when i go downtown i eat pizza at Helen Back then go downstairs to Hopjacks to drink...

That would be cool to get together and brew sometime. I think i am going to the LHBS (Garys) to get stuff to make a brown ale tomm, but not 100% sure yet. I am looking to brew at least 2x over the holidays though since i have extra time off from work!
I was in Gary's last weekend, and brewed the next day. I will be brewing at least four times this week, and probably a couple times next week as well. I have to fill up two 15 gallon barrels so lots to do.

Tuesday I'll be brewing up a Zombie Dust clone and an Imperial Stout (the first is a psuedo starter as I'll be pitching another big batch on top to fill the barrels). I haven't tested the water makeup with a pale ale yet, but the ZD clone will be my guinea pig. Hopefully there won't be trouble with the water profile and pH. Would hate to have to treat the water much.

If you get some free time and you are in my redneck area give me shout. suprchunk@gmail.com

Quick Reply