Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > On my way!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
suprchunk
Fich Eine Ente
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default On my way!!!

Well, the good times in Europe had to end eventually. Too bad they had to cancel my next assignment to Belgium to actually end mine. But what can you do? So I'll be moving back to my home state - Florida.

I will be in the panhandle for the immediate future (and possibly long term), specifically around the Navarre area (if I find a house). So if anyone is close and wants to brew, let me know. Will be there end of June.

I have way more **** than I need, since I pretty much acquired everything I already had back there, while being here. So you won't be imposing at all. Plus I'll be retiring in about 3 years so will have a ton of free time on my hands. Minus what my two boys and wife take up.

I looked around for a homebrew club in the area but came up short. So if there isn't one up there, I'll be starting one. And any interested party is very welcome to join in. We'll iron out everything eventually.

Can't wait to get back to the warm air and nice beaches. Well almost as nice as I'm used to. I am from Clearwater after all.

bis später, meine Brauen Brüder und Schwestern.

[807.2, 191.8] Apparent Rennerian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
tally350z
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 79 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Welcome back to Florida..

Kegged
- Burton IPA, Munich Lager, Cream Ale
Bottled - Muscadine Port, Imperial Stout

North Florida Brewers League

Old 03-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
aiptasia
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Club link: http://www.escambiabayhomebrewers.org/

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
suprchunk
Fich Eine Ente

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiptasia View Post
Nice. Look forward to hanging out. Is it a very active club? Because I brew way too much to not share with others.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
aiptasia
Recipes 

Liked 531 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 162

From what i've heard, they are. You could always visit ours in Jacksonville. We have well over 200+ members. Very active.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
sudndeth
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm near Navarre. It looks as if there was a club in the FWB/Niceville area a few years ago, but no activity lately. It was called Home Brewers Underground, or something. I emailed the contacts and have had no reply outside of a failure to send message.

This area is a beer wasteland of sorts. There are a few stores that carry pretty good beers, two brew-pub/micro brews and that's about it. I put a message out for local home brewers but didn't recurve many replies. I've also asked around town.

Also, if you don't have a good chiller and ore-chiller start looking now. And if you're looking to order supplies I order from rebel brewer. They're in Tennessee and orders arrive in two days to mist places. By far the fastest and mist reliable in the area. I've ordered from all over too, so I have a good baseline.

Good luck and message me when you get here.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
sudndeth
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Dang auto correct. You'll need a pre-chiller. And I received no replies from home brewers in the area.

When I find a spare afternoon I want to see if The two brew pubs will sell some extra grain. There's also a brewery in Pensacola that I'd like to go visit, but it's over 1.5 hours from here.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
seckert
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 16

yes the one in Pcola is Pensacola Bay Brewery. it is a pretty nice place with friendly staff. Oh and the beer is pretty good as well. i dont have a pre chiller, i use my regular chiller then put my carboy into my ferm chamber until temps are right for pitching. during the summer months which is 95% of the year controlling ferm temps is hard without a ferm chamber of some sorts. I have used a swamp cooler before, but have found it way better to be able to put inside ferm chamber and just letting it be...

Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
suprchunk
Fich Eine Ente

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudndeth View Post
Dang auto correct. You'll need a pre-chiller. And I received no replies from home brewers in the area.

When I find a spare afternoon I want to see if The two brew pubs will sell some extra grain. There's also a brewery in Pensacola that I'd like to go visit, but it's over 1.5 hours from here.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Been house hunting and getting acquainted with the area. Beach around this area is pretty damn good for selection. As is the Wine World (or whatever it is called) out in Destin. I was quite surprised. Even the Beach up by where I am in Crestview has a pretty impressive selection. But before Europe I was in West Texas. That is the real wasteland for beer. It was picking up as we left, but way too slowly.

Have you visited the breweries yet and inquired about grain? I'm waiting to get into a house we put a bid on and get all my stuff delivered before I buy anything brewing related. Or at least that is the intention.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #10
suprchunk
Fich Eine Ente

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckert View Post
yes the one in Pcola is Pensacola Bay Brewery. it is a pretty nice place with friendly staff. Oh and the beer is pretty good as well. i dont have a pre chiller, i use my regular chiller then put my carboy into my ferm chamber until temps are right for pitching. during the summer months which is 95% of the year controlling ferm temps is hard without a ferm chamber of some sorts. I have used a swamp cooler before, but have found it way better to be able to put inside ferm chamber and just letting it be...
I'm going to build a cellar in my garage controlled with AC and a CoolBot. At least that is my intention. That an a couple chest freezers should be good (one for serving and one for fermenting - just like I used to have). Hopefully this will keep me set on beer storage for some time.

Have yet to get out to PBB and try any of their beer yet. I have been to Props over in FWB. Wasn't bad. Good food, and I had one of the eight they had on tap that was decent. Went back a second time and they only had three of their beers left on tap. Thinking they might not last long with that kind of output. Or maybe they need some help?

Haven't made it to McGuire's either. Heard they were a little hit or miss depending on which location you go to.

Quick Reply