Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Escambia Bay Homebrewers St. Paddy's day party

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Escambia Bay Homebrewers St. Paddy's day party

This was my first time going to an event with this club. They're a pretty fun bunch, about 50 members, about 25 brew, and a handful (5 or 6) are really serious all grain brewers, so they were happy to have another member to add to the last category. One of their members is the head brewer at McGuire's Irish Pub, and this guy is serious about beer. He said that a lot of the beer he tastes from the homebrewers is pretty sub-par, but he declared my Bee Cave IPA and American Winter Brown Ale both world-class, which made me pretty proud. He tasted the IPA and was able to tell me with confidence that it was centennial and amarillo, fermented with US-05. That was pretty impressive. He thought my stout was pretty good, but he says he doesn't like nottingham, which surprised me. When anyone asked where I learned to brew, I told them homebrewtalk.com

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The ladies, mine in the center:

On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply