Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Newbie in Newnan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #21
Maxkling
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I use Newnan water and have from the beginning. Ive never had an issue. Even when I switched to all grain about 2 years ago.

I usually end up brewing during the week since my schedule is so messed up. Ive drastically cut down on my brewing lately, we are getting ready to sell and build on some land we have in Moreland. So I'm usually only brewing once a month, if that, and I've been in a session or just above session beer mood. I don't like waiting long for the beer and go the crazy experimental brewing out of my system. I do like to brew a nice cascadian ipa or bock ever so often.

Here is a list of Doug's recipes Ive brewed.
The CLT
Fall Oktoberfest Ale
Sir Hopsalot (used grain base but used all Citra)
Bottle Of "Jack"
Golden Zatec Ale
Extra Pale Ale 420
American Blondie
Lazy Days (used grain base but added blueberry extract)

My top 3 in order are The CLT, Fall Oktoberfest Ale, and Bottle Of "Jack". I really just got into recipe building and come up with my own after I got the hang of brewing.

"It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."

"Gun Control Means Using Both Hands."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #22
Topher79
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATC1TY View Post
Oh yeah, if the alcohol was higher, it would be a killer fire pit beer.. I enjoy chuggin one down after work when I get home. Hit the keggerator up and pull pint.

He doesn't really have any "huge" beers. Biggest I think is like 9% for a big porter, and I think like mid 7% for an IPA that has won awards. I'm tempted to take that grain bill next time I brew an IPA and bastardize it a bit..

However, I have a pretty basic IPA grain recipe I made up pretty much and it's unreal good. Best to date, and my buddies rave over it.
I hear ya...I love to come home and crack open a beer or two. I've definitely got to get a kegerator setup so I can start getting the draught experience, but I think that will be awhile.

Yeah, I believe I know the porter you're speaking of. I was thinking of brewing that one Decemberish. I definitely wish he had more 11-12% beers. Let me know how the bastardizing goes.

I like beer because it's good, I drink beer because I should...

Old 10-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Topher79
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxkling View Post
I use Newnan water and have from the beginning. Ive never had an issue. Even when I switched to all grain about 2 years ago.

I usually end up brewing during the week since my schedule is so messed up. Ive drastically cut down on my brewing lately, we are getting ready to sell and build on some land we have in Moreland. So I'm usually only brewing once a month, if that, and I've been in a session or just above session beer mood. I don't like waiting long for the beer and go the crazy experimental brewing out of my system. I do like to brew a nice cascadian ipa or bock ever so often.

Here is a list of Doug's recipes Ive brewed.
The CLT
Fall Oktoberfest Ale
Sir Hopsalot (used grain base but used all Citra)
Bottle Of "Jack"
Golden Zatec Ale
Extra Pale Ale 420
American Blondie
Lazy Days (used grain base but added blueberry extract)

My top 3 in order are The CLT, Fall Oktoberfest Ale, and Bottle Of "Jack". I really just got into recipe building and come up with my own after I got the hang of brewing.
Thanks for the information on the city water. I'm interested in seeing how the last two beers I brewed with spring water vs. the ones with city water. Doug's recipes are pretty good, but I'm interested in tweaking them a bit.

I like beer because it's good, I drink beer because I should...

Quick Reply