Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Macon Octoberfest 2013 Homebrew Contest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Norselord
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsulife View Post
I'm not trying to pick a fight here. I think it's a matter of context. The middle GA area didn't even have a growler retailer until last week. Folks around here would be honored to have their brews commercially produced even if by a startup brewery.
I live in GA, and no offence, but, middle GA doesn't really have anything of anything. I would be surprised if there is even a market demand for products other than BMC in the area.

Outside of Metro ATL and Savannah, middle GA may as well be rural AL or MS...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #12
danielofthedale
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 49

People need to get this guys back. If you don't like price or number of bottles you just don't have to enter. I live in Central Ga. and hardly ever will there be BMC beer at on my circle of friends get togethers. And there always has to be a ground breaker in any new marker for a new product. You think Metro Atlanta was crawling with craft beer drinkers back when Atlanta Brewing opened up? Hardly! And really who would not like to have one of their beers brewed in a commercial brewery? It would be pretty cool. I also think its a decent way to get your name if you are an upstart in a virtually untapped market.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
JBIII
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Those that can, do...those that can't, talk...It's great that we have so many local breweries opening up in Georgia, especially so, when taking into account Georgia's significant and unique barriers of entry. Best of luck to you guys and I can't wait to submit some beers....

Two things you should never do while drinking...driving and putting together IKEA furniture

Old 06-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #14
Norselord
Recipes 

Daniel,

I think you are mistaking the feedback for "bitching" rather than an illumination. "A complaining customer does more to improve business than a silent satisfied customer"

We all want microbreweries to succeed. By pointing out issues, it is the intention that those are addressed before they become problems.

The last thing we want is for microbreweries to fail within the first 3 years of being started up. A sure way to fail is to:
* not do market research prior to starting the business
* overestimate the market demand for your product
* misunderstand the distribution and goods to market plan
* fail to develop the product line fully
* overextend to early
* over promise and underdeliver
etc.

It is nice that these guys have T-Shirts, but as it stands now they are more of a T-shirt company than a brewery. Doesn't that raise a red flag?

If I were these guys I would hype up the awards (if any) that their beer has won locally, nationally, or internationally -- not what is going to be featured on the can/bottle, but what is featured in the can/bottle.

Also, in my opinion starting up a brewery by selling product in cans/bottles is not the soundest path to profitability when you are just starting up. Smaller packaging means a higher cost per unit in material, labor, distribution, etc. Doesn't it make more sense to offer product in kegs to local bars/restaurant and to set up a booth at events/festivals selling from kegs?

Criticism is tool for improvement.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
Norselord
Recipes 

Ask yourself this:

Will a new brewery select the "Best Beer" or the most marketable beer?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #16
cch0830
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norselord View Post
Ask yourself this:

Will a new brewery select the "Best Beer" or the most marketable beer?
You're a genius on a subject you know nothing about.

Check out my homebrew page on Facebook "Jockey Lane Brewing Company" and our homebrew club "Middle Georgia Brew Crew"

Old 10-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #17
danielofthedale
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 49

How did this go last weekend? Would have loved to make but was doing birthday stuff for the girlfriend.

Quick Reply