Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Georgia roll call

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 AM   #21
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

The LHBS on Indian Trail near I 29 in Lilburn is the same one that used to be on Hwy78 where the Lowe's is now. When Lowe's bought the propterty they moved. They got me started with a kit last April and now I go there just about every week.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #22
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Default C'ville

Checking in from Cartersville, GA. Only brewed one thing so far (Apfelwein) but that will be changing soon!

Neal

Old 01-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #23
Ironhead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffrig24
We should get together and drink beer sometime
Keith
I agree. Also, where do you like to launch from. I'm just around the corner from the GA Power park on Parks Mill. Parks Ferry I think it is. Let me know the next time you put in. I wouldn't mind seeing her sail.

I'm familliar with Covington, what area?

Rich

Old 01-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #24
gaffrig24
Recipes 

Hi Rich, I usually put in at Old Salem or that gated community before you get to Publix on the right. I don't remember the name of it right now but they have a launch ramp that used to be open to the public but the last time I was there there was a members only sign up. I launched anyway and talked to the manager of the place and he said to come by anytime. I think the sixpack of homebrew I gave him bought me a membership. I did try to launch from parks mill once but after driving all the way out there they were closed for the season. When it warms up a bit you're welcome to join me for a sail.
I'm just of I-20 at the Almon Rd exit, I have a huge kegerator that I just got going and a front porch that is just right for drinking and brewing beer. It may be a good central location to meet up with the others in the area and share a few, again when it warms up.

Keith

Old 01-19-2008, 04:40 AM   #25
Thirdeye
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
So how many of you are there and where exactly from? I'm in Greensboro which is half way between Atlanta and Augusta, on Lake Oconee. And do any of you also ride.

Rich

Love Greensboro! Redlands Wildlife Management area used to be my stomping ground during deer season!

Im from Rex, Ga but live in Colorado now.

BTW, I almost died skiing on lake Oconee. Its really shallow!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #26
borders
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrmclean
Brunswick Ga here. Way down along the coast.

Another from South Georgia here in Brunswick. Anyone else or anything going on in the area?

What is the best LHBS in the area? Probably Savannah or Jacksonville?

Old 01-20-2008, 03:18 AM   #27
Ironhead
Recipes 

Quote:
Hi Rich, I usually put in at Old Salem or that gated community before you get to Publix on the right.
That would have to be what used to be called Port Armor. It has since been taken over by Rhynolds and is now called Rhynolds Landing. Good luck trying to get back in there again.

Quote:
When it warms up a bit you're welcome to join me for a sail.
We will deffinatly talk about that later.

Quote:
It may be a good central location to meet up with the others in the area and share a few, again when it warms up.
You read my mind. Less than an hour drive for most who have responded here. We should start thinking about dates.

Rich

Old 01-20-2008, 03:23 AM   #28
Ironhead
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdeye
Its really shallow!
You should have seen it here recently. With the drout and all, I think it got down to about 7 ft below full pool. It's back to full pool now but for a while, entire coves were dry. Quite a few boats were beached and still moored to their docks.

Rich

Old 01-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #29
gaffrig24
Recipes 

Port Armor, that's the place. I was there back in November for a sail. They just waved me through the gate without any problem. I had a flat on the trailer and had to leave the boat there overnight. When I came back the next day I still had no problem getting in even without the boat in tow. I talked to Ed at the marina and he told me to have the security call him if they have any problems letting me in on future visits. It's a great launch ramp with a dock that parallels the ramp. I can tie up at the dock and almost drive the trailer under the boat. I sure hope I can still get in later. Mine is a rare design these days and folks love to see it, so maybe they'll let me in. A friend of mine with a similar design got pulled over by a sheriff with blue lights flashing, he just wanted to take a look at the boat. Here's a great shot of her at Lake Nickajack in TN, what a great weekend that was.

Keith

Old 04-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #30
mrk305
Beer Dude in the Sunset
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I met Gaffrig at the HBS in Lilburn today. I was in there picking up some grains and stuff, and the store was pretty busy. We were talking about what we were making and he asked me if i ever used HBT. I told him I was Mrk305 and what my avatar looked like, and he told me he was the one in Covington with the sailboat.

We were talking about a get-together at his place (drink/brew?) but with a boat like that, lets meet at the lake!

Quick Reply