Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Beer me Atlanta

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1067 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Beer me Atlanta

What are the must hit spots in Atlanta? I'm flying in Monday around 3pm and will be taking the Marta up north of the city around Dunwoody.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Rob_B
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Check out Taco Mac the closest one to Dunwoody is near Perimeter Center. They have a huge variety of drafts. Here's the address 1211 Ashford Crossing Atlanta, Georgia 30346. http://tacomac.com/

Try some beers from SweetWater Brewery, their 420 Pale Ale is tasty. I haven't been to their brewery yet but drink 'em up when I'm in the ATL area.

Another good localish brewery is Terrapin from Athens. The Rye Pale Ale is the gold standard, but hey have a lot of other great brews too.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
TwoGunz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

I really enjoyed The Porter. Wanted to get to Brick Store but didn't make it there

Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1067 Times on 711 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Thanks for the Taco Mac reco. It looks close enough to where I'll be and I would have never sought it out on my own.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Old 11-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
mr_goodwrench
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

If I had anything in my pipeline, I would say my place but, alas, I am dry save for a few bottles. I hope to get my brewery fully set up this winter and get back to brewing as soon as possible.

Taco Mac is great. Sweetwater is a great local but I prefer Red Brick Brewery myself. Laughing Skull is one of my favorites.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
BlindWillieBrewer
Recipes 

If you get the chance swing by sweetwater brewery they give tours from like 4:30-7. Tickets are only $6 for 6 6oz samples of their brew on tap. Exodus porter is on tap with the regulars and whatever is in the dank tank. Plus you get to keep the pint glass and a tour.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
Rob_B
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Thanks for the Taco Mac reco. It looks close enough to where I'll be and I would have never sought it out on my own.
No problem! Hope your trip to ATL was good.

Quick Reply