Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Spartanburg Home Brew Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
jrexrode
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Spartanburg Home Brew Club

Anyone in the Upstate area interested in getting a home brew club based in Spartanburg up and running? Right now, this is a seedling of an idea that needs enough people involved with to make it worthwhile. I've 2 or 3 people in my circle that would be involved members, need some more.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

I may be interested. What part of town are you in? I am on the west side close to Poplar Springs.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
jrexrode
Recipes 

I'm in Pacolet. A co-worker of mine who's another home brewer is in Landrum. We're both looking into going all grain and are in the process of gathering/making the equipment to do that using brew in a bag. The main reason for the post is that we've had interest from RJ Rockers in sponsoring a home brew club. We're supposed to meet this Wednesday at RJ Rockers to brew a batch on their small batch equipment and to discuss the specifics of the club. I've got to check tomorrow if this is still a go with RJ Rockers, but even if it isn't and they don't want to get involved, me and Chuck (the co-worker) are still wanting to get something going. I know there's a large brew club in Greenville, but I'd like to have something more local.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrexrode
I'm in Pacolet. A co-worker of mine who's another home brewer is in Landrum. We're both looking into going all grain and are in the process of gathering/making the equipment to do that using brew in a bag. The main reason for the post is that we've had interest from RJ Rockers in sponsoring a home brew club. We're supposed to meet this Wednesday at RJ Rockers to brew a batch on their small batch equipment and to discuss the specifics of the club. I've got to check tomorrow if this is still a go with RJ Rockers, but even if it isn't and they don't want to get involved, me and Chuck (the co-worker) are still wanting to get something going. I know there's a large brew club in Greenville, but I'd like to have something more local.
10-4

I have talked to mark a few times about hosting a club and he seems to be open to the idea. His main concern is not getting wrapped up in coordinating it.

Also, the owner of Delaney's also said that he would be willing to host a club. Not sure I'd anything has changed there since the fire.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
jrexrode
Recipes 

Will you be attending this Wednesday (if it's a go)? Do you know anyone else who would like to attend? I don't know a lot of local brewers in the area and so far we've only have 6 interested people and 3 of those have never brewed, just interested. And they all work with me. I'd like to see more active brewers than just 3 people.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Definitely not. I am wide open at work right now. I may be able to host a small brew day at some point. I brew strictly all grain (batch sparge) so it could be a tutorial type of thing. I'm only about 2 years into the hobby myself, but it really is pretty easy.

Old 08-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
jrexrode
Recipes 

I'll post how everything turned out.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
BobbyAAlexander
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

How did it turn out? Sorry from the late post, but I and a friend of mine would be interested.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #9
jduke
Recipes 

Old post, but i'm definitely interested. Living and brewing on the westside. Did anything happen with RJ Rockers?

Old 12-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #10
jrexrode
Recipes 

Sorry for the delay of the update. Nothing really became of the Rockers thing. Some talk, but nothing definite or concrete. I myself would like to see a homebrew club started locally. I'm up for getting together a group of interested people to talk about it.

Quick Reply