Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Rock Hill / Ft. Mill Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #61
carbidetoolguy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Rusty and Jason,

Had a great time brewing last weekend. Canyon's set-up really is excellent and has me rethinking a few things on mine. My half of the wort is fermenting well and I am looking forward to a taste test very soon. We will have to plan a follow-up.

Carbide

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #62
rustym
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Hey guys!! How's the beer coming??? Should be starting to clear up about now?? What kind of FG did ya'll hit?

Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #63
rustym
Recipes 

Ok, in the words of CanyonBrewer, I decided to "draw a line in the sand"! I have started a Facebook page that we can post information and events on. We'll still post things here as well but I thought that would be a little easier to keep in touch. I had to come up with a title so look up "77 Beer Brewers" on facebook and send a friend request. Everyone who has shown interest on this thread and anyone else is welcome to hook up to that page. I hope to see ya'll there!

Old 09-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #64
sbene1
Recipes 

I'm a homebrewer in Fort Mill. Has anyone had their water tested? If so, what were the results?

Old 09-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #65
reelmower
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Here is some info I received last week from someone at the Rock Hill Water Treatment.

"Rock Hill"s water is very soft. Alkalinity averages between 23-35. Calcium Hardness 25-40. Magnesium levels are not tested regularly I don't have that number in my head but will get that to you on Tuesday."

I haven't heard back about the Magnesium levels .. but will try to contact them again soon ... if I don't get an answer in the next day or so. The Tuesday mentioned above .. was the Tuesday after Labor Day.

From what I understand .. Fort Mill buys their water from Rock Hill. I emailed a very specific question about Alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium to someone at The Town of Fort Mill Utilities Department .. in the Water Treatment area. I didn't get a response .. so I researched a little more and decided I need to seek the info from Rock Hill instead anyway.

There is a Water Quality Report that is mailed out each year. It is also posted online on The Town of Fort Mill website .. look under Utilities. The report lists contaminants .. and mentions that the water is soft.

I hope this helps

Old 09-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #66
rustym
Recipes 

I'm on a well here in Rock Hill and I haven't had my water tested. I'm suspecting a little high in carbonates but not really "hard"

I have lately started adding a little gypsum for my IPA's and it's made a huge difference in hop flavor and aroma.

I'm working on a keg of a single hop recipe using only Mosaic hops that I got at Alternative Beverages. Turned out to be a nice summer IPA!

Old 09-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #67
rustym
Recipes 

I'd like to bump this up again. We've been getting a lot of locals checking out our "77 Beer Brewers" page on Facebook.

Come check it out! It looks like there are quite a few people in the area that are homebrewing. Let's keep this going here and maybe we really can get a Homebrew Club going this year.

There's also a local, new, commercial brewer that I talked to that had said that he was interested in having a homebrew club in this area. I'm hoping to have more information on that soon.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #68
mwill07
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustym View Post
I'd like to bump this up again. We've been getting a lot of locals checking out our "77 Beer Brewers" page on Facebook.

Come check it out! It looks like there are quite a few people in the area that are homebrewing. Let's keep this going here and maybe we really can get a Homebrew Club going this year.

There's also a local, new, commercial brewer that I talked to that had said that he was interested in having a homebrew club in this area. I'm hoping to have more information on that soon.

I'm interested. I've been brewing for about 5 years and just went all-grain this year. I'm in Indianland, near Sun City.

I know there are 3 or 4 other brewers in my neighborhood - we've talked about getting together but have never pulled the trigger.

I don't check this forum all that often - if y'all do get together, shoot me a PM or drop me an e-mail to amwill07 'at' gmail.

Thanks!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #69
rustym
Recipes 

mwill07, I'll do it! Check out "77 Beer Brewers" on Facebook as well. Tell your friends, too!

Old 12-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #70
OxBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Late to the party but just got my homebrew gear out of storage and brewed a few partial mash kits on black Friday to get back in. Anyone still getting together to brew?

Quick Reply