Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Rock Hill / Ft. Mill Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 05:00 PM   #51
Caleditor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

My plans have changed and I am not sure if I will make it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #52
canyonbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is my attempt to lure all you Fort Mill/Rock Hill Brewers to our group brew session this Saturday at 9:30 am.

We are brewing 10 gallons of Janet Brown's Ale on my custom built, all electric, HERMS brewery.

Then, we will see what the magical sticker fridge has to offer. Hopefully my IPA is carbed enough. Been on the gas for 1.5 weeks.

PM me if you want to join. Looking forward to it guys!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 AM   #53
rustym
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I am soooo there!!!! I can't wait to see that rig in action. I'm hoping to learn something new as well. Janet's Brown ale is supposed to be one awesome beer. It's on my list to brew but haven't got around to it yet.

I hope to see some of you guys who have expressed interest in starting a club here in Rock Hill / Ft. Mill. We have a lot of ideas and I already know we have some good brewers here so come to CanyonBrewers and enjoy some good fun, taste some good beer and talk about how we can kick this off.

I'm bringing some Amber ale and a couple of bottles of an American Stout that I submitted to the NHC so you guys can give me some pre-comp feedback.

See ya'll there!

Old 03-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #54
ZdubSimmons
Recipes 

Hey guys, a friend and I have recently started home brewing and done a few extract batches. I think we might be down for some brew club!

Old 03-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #55
rustym
Recipes 

Hey Zdub! If you're interested, as you see above, we're brewing tomorrow at CanyonBrewers. PM him for details! He'll tell you how to get to his place. It's great to see more interest. It's a great way to learn if you're just getting started. If you can't come keep posted to this site and we'll have more details in the coming weeks.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #56
canyonbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah zdub....the more the merrier! Pm me if you would like to stop by.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:08 PM   #57
rustym
Recipes 

We had a great Brew Day at CanyonBrewers yesterday!! Many, many thanks for his hospitality to allow us to invade his house!

While only 3 of us were there, we had a great time and it was amazing working on CB's system. I've got pics that I'll post later when I get a chance.

We have some great ideas and some things that we're going to plan in the weeks and months ahead so you guys that have been interested in getting together will have more oppurtunities.

We had samples of each others beer and I must say that all of them were really good. Carbidetoolguy brought a sample of a Belgian Dubbel that, while young is going to be amazing!!! Once that beer hits it's prime, I think would do well in any competition. CanyonBrewer's IPA was fantastic. While he said it was a Sweetwater IPA clone, it was waayyy better that Sweetwater IPA. I really like Sweetwater too so trust me, it was better!!
We also had a Pumpkin by CTG that had a nice spicy, fall-ish flavor that was great. I took an Amber Ale and a Stout that got good reviews from the other guys.

So, you guys that couldn't make it, we'll be doing this again and would really love to see and meet ya'll and share brews as well as techniques. I learned some stuff yesterday that will make me better.

Keep posted for more!

Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #58
canyonbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Cheers Rusty and Jason!....thanks again for brewing with me. You guys brewed some seriously excellent beers. All beers were pro!

Looking forward to the pics and the next meetup.

I'm gonna keep practicing my harp

Old 04-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #59
rustym
Recipes 

I finally have a chance to sit down and put up some of the pictures of our brew session on Saturday. Let me tell you, it was some kind of experience getting to brew on CanyonBrewers system. He has a lot of time and effort into this and it shows. I know he's put a couple of pics on here but here it is getting the strike water heated up:

img_0755.jpg

Getting the ~25 lbs. of grain crushed on his Barley Crusher:

img_0754.jpg

Here's a shot of the controller:

img_0756.jpg

Time to Dough-In!!

img_0761.jpg

img_0762.jpg

More...

Old 04-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #60
rustym
Recipes 

We actually added about 2.5 oz. of Northern Brewer hops in the mash. This was the first time any of us had done that. I'm excited to try the final product. BTW, this was Tasty McDoles recipe called Janet's Brown Ale.

img_0765.jpg

img_0766.jpg

Starting the Sparge:

img_0770.jpg

Fly Sparging with all the hops in the mash:

img_0772.jpg

You know, I was so into the brew that I really didn't take enough pictures, but you get the idea. Part of the fun was:

img_0773.jpg

getting to try each others beer. We had some good one's that I described a couple of posts back.

All in all it was a great time and I wish that some of you other guys could have made it. Hopefully these pictures will "entice" you to try and make the next get together. (I bet there will be some JBA there!!!!)

Cheers to All!

Quick Reply