Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Rock Hill / Ft. Mill Homebrewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
rustym
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Default Rock Hill / Ft. Mill Homebrewers

I was just wondering if there were any homebrewers here in this area that might want to start a local Homebrew Club. I know there's a good one in Charlotte and a good one in Columbia, but I was thinking about having something local. Just a thought, any interest?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
carbidetoolguy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default York County Brew Club

I would be very interested in participating in a York county based Homebrew Club. I hope others respond and something can happen!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
rustym
Recipes 

I'm still thinking about this. If we can get 5-10 people to start with, that would be great. I know that the AHA will help set up a club as well.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #4
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i live in rock hill i would be interested in that. what kind of beers do you make??? the only good store is alterantive beverage in belmont nc. i get all my stuff online.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
carbidetoolguy
Recipes 

Default Brewing In York

I get most of my equipment online. I still go to Alternative Beverage for ingredients. I enjoy the process of hand selecting my ingredients. I do wish there were other choices.

Does anyone know a welder in the Rock Hill area that could fabricate a brew stand? I have been saving for a while and my Christmas money has finally got me to the point of pulling the trigger.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
carbidetoolguy
Recipes 

Default Brew Club in Rock Hill

Rustym,

Besides the AHA, Carolina Brewmasters may also help. I spoke to various members during Octoberfest and discovered they helped set-up satellite clubs in other areas. Most of them seemed helpful when speaking to them and homebrewers are typically eager to share the hobby.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
rustym
Recipes 

Thanks for that info Jason. I may give them a call and see if they would be interested in that. Maybe some kind of charter club of them. Plus maybe they have some folks who live down this way and woukd be interested in getting us up and going.

I get all of my ingedients at the South Blvd. location of AB. They do a great job there and their grain crush is perfect for my setup. Most of my hardware I get online or Craigslist! I don't know anyone here that welds. I've also been toying around with the idea of building a single tier set up but I haven't decided on which way to go yet. If I find someone, I'll let you know.

brockettbrews: I'll brew anything that sounds good! I've been mostly brewing "classic" styles. I just brewed an American Stout yesterday. I entered an Arrogant Bastard clone in the Nashville Music City Brew Off and got some great feedback. Scored a 38, which I felt good about for my first competition.

Hopefully we can get something started here this year so stay tuned!

Old 12-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

wish they had a homebrew store in rock hill. I was going to enter an all grain octoberfest but i drank it all. lol. i left it in a secondary for almost 4 months in the fridge. It was really good. I like to do small batches of all grain like two gallons. Just to see how it tastes. I usally do my fermation in a mr.beer keg on my small batches. Got the idea from a guy on here. works well with small batches and if you lager it doesnt take up much space in the fridge. well would love to get a club going. will talk to some other homebrewers that I know in rock hill.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My uncle welds will give him a call. he just had a heartattack, but will see if he can do it.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #10
brockettbrews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I order all my stuff from american brewmasters out of Raleigh. I really dont have alot of extra time to run up to alt. beverage but would like to start going. it always seems like i forget something when I order over the phone or they are out of something. would like to make some competion beer. mainly been making beer to just drink alot cheaper than the store.

Quick Reply