Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Charleston SC beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
bjl110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Charleston SC beer

Hey all,

I'm visiting my parents in Charleston and was wondering the best place to buy craft beer. They weren't allowed to sell high grav when I lived here, so I don't know where to get the good stuff. Pubs and breweries are good (I know there is a new brewery on long point somewhere), but I'm also looking to pick up some Southern brews that are not distributed in Ohio so I can take some back (sweetwater dank tank is on the list for me, and lazy magnolia if it is here). Any help is much appreciated! I'm on Daniel Island, so East of the Cooper places are good, but if the selection is good enough I'll drive anywhere!

Thinking About: Oak Aged Stout, BDSA
Oh Lisa, you and your stories. Bart is a vampire, beer kills braincells. Now let's all go back to that ...building...thingy...where our beds and TV...is. - Homer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
bjl110
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If anyone happens onto this thread later, "Bottles" in Mt. P has a great craft (and wine and liquor) selection. Moultrie Plaza on Coleman Blvd.

Thinking About: Oak Aged Stout, BDSA
Oh Lisa, you and your stories. Bart is a vampire, beer kills braincells. Now let's all go back to that ...building...thingy...where our beds and TV...is. - Homer

Old 07-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
jmp781
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

TAPS on Dorchester Rd has a nice variety but over priced. Total Wine or Charleston Beer Exchange are the two I frequent the most and TAPS is less than 5 miles from my house so that should say something.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS