The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > South Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Charleston Homebrewing Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
alliloop
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Charleston Homebrewing Community

...is there one? A community of homebrewers, I mean. I found the Lowcountry Libations Homebrew Club in a google search, but that site hasn't been updated since 2010.
So, who around here brews? We just moved down here and looking to meet new people of the homebrewing persuasion.

Cheers!
A

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #2
jmp781
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lowcountry Libations is very active but going through some current changes. New pres, vp, and secretary were elected in December and still working on making the updates. Here is the FB page that is also being revamped. https://www.facebook.com/lclhomebrew

I've been a member over a year and it is a great group of people. Last year the club finished 2nd overall in competition points and several members were winning ribbons time and time again.

Keep checking the facebook page and Website for updates.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
alliloop
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks, JMP. The FB link didn't work. Be we'll keep our eyes out.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
jmp781
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry about that alliloop, they updated the Facebook and started a twitter account as well, the old FB is no longer active. Here is the new link. https://www.facebook.com/lowcountryl...ref=ts&fref=ts The next meeting is Feb 16th at Laura Alberts in Daniel Island at 2pm in case you are interested.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
alliloop
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Oh great, thanks. (I didn't wanna bug ya about the dead link! )We're definitely interested, and will show up!

Old 02-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
travlin
Recipes 

Hi to all !, I am a new brewer and live in west ashley currently bubbling brew # 4 and looking for other brewers that may be close by that would like to maybe exchange ideas and methods and generally share in the hobby.... Thanks

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin View Post
Hi to all !, I am a new brewer and live in west ashley currently bubbling brew # 4 and looking for other brewers that may be close by that would like to maybe exchange ideas and methods and generally share in the hobby.... Thanks
I just recently got into home brewing myself and am also located in West Ashley. In fact my tax return (part of it anyways) was my brew equipment setup fund. I jumped in the deep end and am starting out all grain. I'm hoping to brew my first batch next weekend.

I'm interested in getting to know some of my fellow brewers in the area to learn from as there is only so much you can get from online research.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
travlin
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travestian View Post
I just recently got into home brewing myself and am also located in West Ashley. In fact my tax return (part of it anyways) was my brew equipment setup fund. I jumped in the deep end and am starting out all grain. I'm hoping to brew my first batch next weekend.

I'm interested in getting to know some of my fellow brewers in the area to learn from as there is only so much you can get from online research.
Hey travestian, if you want to give me a call I'd love to check out your setup as i am about to start into all grain myself , John 620-202-0864

Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #9
Travestian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin View Post
Hey travestian, if you want to give me a call I'd love to check out your setup as i am about to start into all grain myself , John 620-202-0864
Yeah I'll call you in the next few days hopefully. I've got in-laws flying in tomorrow night so might need to be the weekend. Looks like my stuff won't be shipping in until after the weekend though so may be 1 more week before brew day #1. I've been saving a Dogfishead 120 minute for just that occasion! -Jason

Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
travlin
Recipes 

So, Im thinking maybe if there were a handful of us homebrewers in close proximity we could get it together and not only share in the hobby as well as ordering togeather to save a little money here and there, so if anyone around the west ashley / charleston area is interested Chime in and lets see what we can do.. As i said before i am a newb and am eager to learn more about all this...
And YA Jason holler anytime, John

Quick Reply