Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > North Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Raleigh, NC area yeast swap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 06:51 PM   #21
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Here's an Aventinus clone BYO has, but I have a different recipe. It wasn't my understanding that a lager yeast could be used, but this is my first experience with this animal:
http://byo.com/recipe/714.html

Here is another BYO article that discusses what I was talking about:
http://byo.com/feature/442.html

Quote:
*Note: To employ a step mash, the real Aventius employs a rest at 128¡ F and is stepped up to 152¡ F with hot water.
So according to this, they don't do a decoction but an infusion. Hard to say how trustworthy the statement is.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2006, 07:09 PM   #22
Kaiser

Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 71 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
So according to this, they don't do a decoction but an infusion. Hard to say how trustworthy the statement is.
Well, I don't have a better source and decoction is not mentioned on the Schneider web page either. I was taking it from what I read about Weissbiers in the book mentioned above.You should follow the recipe you have. I don't want to be responsible for possible problems/disappointments

Kai

Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser
I don't want to be responsible for possible problems/disappointments
Oh, I was already planning to blame you for any shortcomings in my beer. I guess this is the yeast thread, so I'll start another more appropriate thread when I know I'm brewing.

Quick Reply