Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > North Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #121
Acough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm living in the fayettville area and looking at learning more about all grain brewing. I have done a lot of extract brewing but it just wasn't my thing. I'm in search right now for stuff to build my own all grain home brew Equipment. If there is anyone out there that would love to pass down there brewing wisdom that would be amazing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #122
RagingBull
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys
I'm in! Let's do this thing.

As for the discussion on supplies, I get what I can at Grapes and Hops, but I generally leave disappointed. However, I have new hope. Triangle Wine Company just opened up a second location in Southern Pines. They have an extensive beer selection, and after spending some time over there last week, the owner is extremely interested in bringing in some home brew supplies. He even mentioned the desire to do a homebrew tasting night with local homebrewers.
My dad lives in southern pines, where is this place at?

Carbonating/Conditioning:Chocolate Porter, Old Devil Nut Brown Ale, Cape Fear Pale Ale Classic American Light1776 Lager
Fermenting: Diablo IPA, Black Forest Stout, Hellfire Red Ale
On Deck: Bewitched Amber Ale

Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #123
RidingDonkeys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazedowl View Post

Southern Pines is no short trip though.
I'm immune to the drive. I make it every day. Cutting through Bragg makes a huge difference.

Jeff

(Insert witty statement here.)

Old 01-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #124
RidingDonkeys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post

My dad lives in southern pines, where is this place at?
Triangle Wine Company 144 Brucewood Rd, Southern Pines 28387

It is by Kohl's on the road that connects 15-501 to Morganton, where the old K-mart was years ago.

They don't have brew supplies yet, but are preparing to carry them. They have an amazing beer selection though. Talk to Chris when you go and mention the homebrew supplies. The more interest people show, the more likely he is to do it.

Jeff

(Insert witty statement here.)

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #125
LutzBrauerei
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acough
I'm living in the fayettville area and looking at learning more about all grain brewing. I have done a lot of extract brewing but it just wasn't my thing. I'm in search right now for stuff to build my own all grain home brew Equipment. If there is anyone out there that would love to pass down there brewing wisdom that would be amazing.
I was in a similar boat about a year and a half ago and built my own mash tun and used a spare kettle for the HLT. I'd be happy to help you out. Let me see if I can dig up the instructions I used an you can see pictures of it at http://www.facebook.com/lutzbrauerei

Primary: Kurbisweizen
Secondary: Maibock
Carbonating: Oktoberfest
Conditioning: Belgian Saison

Old 01-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #126
Acough
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutzBrauerei

I was in a similar boat about a year and a half ago and built my own mash tun and used a spare kettle for the HLT. I'd be happy to help you out. Let me see if I can dig up the instructions I used an you can see pictures of it at http://www.facebook.com/lutzbrauerei
Thank you, I have been trying to figure it all out with no help. It is a huge leap from extract to all grain alot more info and stuff to have to brew. I do appreciate it.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #127
Gbert_Brewer
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

LutzBrauerei

I built my Mash Tun about a year ago. Got everything from HomeDepot in one trip and saved about 50% on the cost from a pre-built. Here is the YouTube video I used. They also have a site with a good shopping list. One word of advice... skip the braid for the false bottom... it'll flaten out and clog quickly. I would also recomend spending the few extra bucks to get the 10 gal cooler to allow you to do bigger beers or batches later on.

With this Mash Tun, I was able to maintain my mash temp for 90 min and temp dropped about 1 degree.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #128
TRS
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Crap, I don't know how I missed all of this! I didn't get any notifications! Personally, I don't know if all grain is going to be my thing or not. I love extract as it produces a good product and is simple fast and easy. Ideally I would like to sit with someone through the process and see how it all works and see it it's something I'll have the time and motivation for. I still have this kit so if anyone is interested I'll split the batch of Northern Brewer Chocolate Milk Stout right down the middle. I promised my buddy it would be ready to enjoy when he got home from down range.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #129
Reelale
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1373 Times on 1331 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I've been brewing all-grain for a few years. I work at Ft. Bragg. Hit me up with a pm if you want any tips. Caveat: I'm still learning myself.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #130
overgrownmoose
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live on 87 near the Linden Oaks military housing. I'm driving for FedEx right now, so I'm pretty good at getting around quickly in Fayetteville, Raeford, Southern Pines, Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Vass, Carthage, Sanford, etc. I'd be interested in some homebrew club action in any place nearby. Still doing extract on my stove right now but I hope to convince SWMBO to allow me to get an eBIAB setup in a few months. Just bottled my first batch and brewed my second batch today (BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde) and I'm brewing some hopefully panty dropping cider on the 17th with the yeast harvested from the blonde.

I got the brewing kit for Christmas and lucked out and convinced my wife to let me get a kegging setup early for my birthday this month. Just trying to find a side by side refrigerator on Craiglist to chill the kegs and use as a fermentation chamber. Already got my keg setup and temp controllers.

Quick Reply