New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > North Carolina HomeBrew Forum > Homebrew Club Fayetteville, NC??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #111
brazedowl
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 9

me and a few others are getting together tomorrow to brew some on cliffdale near where it meets raeford rd.

In Progress: Ginger Spiced Cider
Bottled: oodles and oodles

"What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #112
TRS
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

What are you brewing? Extract or All Grain? My last two batches are about half way through so I'll be making some Caribou Slobber (extract) from NB soon. Not sure of the shelf life of an all grain kit, but imagine I need to get something done with it in Jan.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #113
brazedowl
Recipes 

We each got extract kits that came with steeping grains from MoreBeer.com. But still haven't done them. I came down with bronchitis and one of the other guys the flu. Hopefully next weekend we can get them going.

"What senses do we lack that we cannot see or hear another world all around us?"

Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #114
TRS
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Well, tis the season to be sick. Thinking about doing that ale tonight once the family is all in bed. I hate seeing the fermentor bucket empty in the garage.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #115
brazedowl
Recipes 

Exactly. Love having full carboys. Since I'm feelin' better today I bottled up 5 gallons of grape-concentrate wine and 5 gallons of mixed berry wine. And watched Star Wars. haha

Old 12-31-2012, 01:54 AM   #116
TRS
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Hard cider and wine are on my interest list to do one day, but for now I'm trying to stock up on beer to keep a variety on hand. I live rather close to the location you mentioned earlier, i'm right across from Tractor Supply so anytime you or anyone else want to do some extract brewing, needs to bum some caps, bottles, or other brew supplies on short notice, or get together for a beer let me know. I have a heated garage with pool table, couches, and projector so feel free to hit me up anytime.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #117
brazedowl
Recipes 

see, that's pretty badass. I'll keep it in mind!

I'm going to be priming my hard cider with brown sugar, concentrate and cinnamon so it'll carb up good. We'll see how that goes.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 AM   #118
RidingDonkeys
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm in! Let's do this thing.

As for the discussion on supplies, I get what I can at Grapes and Hops, but I generally leave disappointed. However, I have new hope. Triangle Wine Company just opened up a second location in Southern Pines. They have an extensive beer selection, and after spending some time over there last week, the owner is extremely interested in bringing in some home brew supplies. He even mentioned the desire to do a homebrew tasting night with local homebrewers.

Jeff

(Insert witty statement here.)

Old 01-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #119
TRS
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazedowl View Post
see, that's pretty badass. I'll keep it in mind!

I'm going to be priming my hard cider with brown sugar, concentrate and cinnamon so it'll carb up good. We'll see how that goes.
If we ever get a get together going you'll have to bring some. My hefe had a funk to it at first but with some bottle aging its coming around nicely. The nut brown is tasty as hell. Just got back from Aviator up in Fuquay. Their Bourbon barrel stout is delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post

As for the discussion on supplies, I get what I can at Grapes and Hops, but I generally leave disappointed. However, I have new hope. Triangle Wine Company just opened up a second location in Southern Pines. They have an extensive beer selection, and after spending some time over there last week, the owner is extremely interested in bringing in some home brew supplies. He even mentioned the desire to do a homebrew tasting night with local homebrewers.
I'll have to give them a try, probably about the same driven having to go way over to grapes and hops with the traffic. Especially interested if they do a hone brew tasting night.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #120
brazedowl
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post

Southern Pines is no short trip though.

Quick Reply