Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Tennessee HomeBrew Forum > Chattanooga

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #11
Newsman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 5332

I'm from Dawai's neck of the woods...although on the other side of the interstate, I think. I live in Cohutta, GA, about 10 minutes from the Tennessee state line up at the Cleveland, TN area, or about 20-25 minutes from the East Ridge/Chattanooga side of Tennessee. I'm a member of the Barley Mob and we're very approachable. As a relative novice brewer, I have to say the guys in the club are very knowledgeable, but they have their preferred styles (anything "hoppy" generally speaking ) which doesn't exactly mesh with my preference. Their knowledge of sweeter styles is somewhat limited, but they are experienced enough to extrapolate what would work well.
There's a competition coming up in December, Fugetaboutit (http://fugetaboutit.org/) and, while no more entries are being accepted, I'm sure they'll be happy to sign up more judges and stewards.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #12
witster18
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default ...

i'm in lookout valley, and I also do some brewing up in cleveland too where I have a bit more room.. I do all grain stuff... wouldn't say I'm a novice anymore, but not an expert either... but I've been making some reallly good brews of late... bottling a belgian style/american ale tonight... have some "slender porters", "Gold rush Ale's" and "Hella-Good-Helles" bottled... doing another batch tomorrow.. making some pretty good stuff right now... defo proud of it.. I'm a member of aha and hbt, and hoping to do some more homebrew competition stuff in the next yr or two..

I jumped into all-grain right off the bat and I'm glad I did... I don't work off any "said" recipe's, I've just kinda done the "learn" the hard way style of brewing... if you make a mistake - you won't make it again

Old 05-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #13
HomebrewinChattanooga
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Home Brew Supplies in Chattanooga TN

Yes, there is a local store named

Atlantis Hydroponics
Address: 1800 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone423) 752-5400

They have a big selection of grains and extracts. Their prices are better than beverage world in Fort Oglethorpe, GA. I just found them this week but they have had home brew supplies for 3 years. You can't find them as a home brew supplier through Google since their website doesn't advertise home brew. The guy told me their company only has two stores with home brew supplies so they don't post it on the web. I like beverage world but this place is going to save me time and money.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
HomebrewinChattanooga
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Homebrew

I live in Chattanooga and I would love to do some brewing. I'm working my way into all grain brewing. I finally found a local company in Chattanooga that has home brew supplies. They are hydroponics based company but two of their locations have a great selection of home brew supplies.

Atlantis Hydroponics
Address: 1800 Rossville Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37408
Phone423) 752-5400

Old 05-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #15
Newsman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 143 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 5332

Beverage World in Fort Oglethorpe also has a good supply of homebrew supplies:
1840 Lafayette Rd
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, 30742-3110
United States
phone: (706) 866-5644

Old 07-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
DrFubar
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Dayton, TN....

Old 07-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #17
DrFubar
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Dayton, TN....
Just started brewing again after 20+yrs. Partial mash is as far as I've got. Might be interested in going all the way to all grain with a little experience.

Quick Reply