Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Tennessee HomeBrew Forum > About to start brewing. Would love some help in Nashville.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
beerbelay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

There are a couple of brew clubs in Nashville. I belong to the Music City Brewers. Antioch Sudsuckers is another and there might be one more nearby. How did the brew go?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
bertsbeer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The sudsuckers are no more, I think!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 AM   #13
jsuggs
Recipes 

Been lurking for a while now...anyway, I'm in Sylyan Park too. Where are you at? I'd love to get a little more connected into the local homebrew scene.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #14
JayDubWill
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmv View Post
Honestly, a Mr Beer kit isn't going to get your feet wet in brewing. There's no comparison at all. Not trying to discourage you, but 99% of homebrewers are going to recommend a real starter kit instead of a Mr Beer kit. That kit doesn't really introduce you to the processes that go down. Sure, it sorta follows how beer is made, but it's so grossly simplified that you won't feel as if you've really learned a whole lot, and the beer quality has never been good out of those kits.

The main problem is that once you've done the Mr Beer kit, you're likely to be turned off by the end product.
I have to disagree, I got my start with a Mr. Beer kit and it got me going down the path to all grain brewing. I made some decent beers and learned a lot of lessons that have paid off 10 fold. If it wasn't for the accesability of Mr. Beer, I probably would never have gotten into brewing. Their community forum also has some of the best, most friendly, and knowledgeable people I've ever meet (online)

Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #15
Transamguy77
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDubWill

I have to disagree, I got my start with a Mr. Beer kit and it got me going down the path to all grain brewing. I made some decent beers and learned a lot of lessons that have paid off 10 fold. If it wasn't for the accesability of Mr. Beer, I probably would never have gotten into brewing. Their community forum also has some of the best, most friendly, and knowledgeable people I've ever meet (online)
+1 to this, Mr Beer is the same as a small Coopers kit, does it make good beer? At the time I thought so, it was better than whatever BMC I was drinking at the time. If it wasn't for Mr Beer I would not be brewing it was fun and I was looking forward to the final product. Brewing is brewing weather it's a can on your stove top or a 3 vessel decked out AG rig, in the end you have beer. Keep us posted on how it goes.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 AM   #16
ParisBrewer
Recipes 

Default Craft Brewed in Nashville

They offer a class in basic brewing once a month at www.craftbrewednashville.com If you're in the area, you really need to go there. It's a great store. I took the class in March 2014.

Quick Reply