Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > thoughts...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #71
rycov
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

some way of letting the consumers know the beer is good. not just some crap some guy made using your equipment. other breweries will have the advantage of having the same brewers and same products that people will recognize. like if DFH or SN put out a new product, you can assume its gonna be good, or at least worth trying. but if your changing recipes AND brewers all the time it will be (at least i think) harder for the customer to know what to expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
I would make a yeast starter, and pitch it into your mailbox.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #72
pvtpublic
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycov
some way of letting the consumers know the beer is good. not just some crap some guy made using your equipment. other breweries will have the advantage of having the same brewers and same products that people will recognize. like if DFH or SN put out a new product, you can assume its gonna be good, or at least worth trying. but if your changing recipes AND brewers all the time it will be (at least i think) harder for the customer to know what to expect.
I like that thought. I'm not trying to go national with this. I'm not even expecting to go statewide. I want to gear it towards communities first and foremost. If this were expand, then it would be about each community that it reached. If a brewer were to really hit it off, great, I'll help that individual get his product out there and get into/start a brewery of his own. Kind of like a record label to an extent. Bring me your stuff, and I will get it out there. However, I will not want major distribution. Solely on the small absolute handcraft batches. I want a place for the homebrewer to share his batch with the community. Also, if I had it on tap, it would be easier.

Primary: Great Pumpkin Ale
Secondary: Maple Red Ale
Aging: nadda
Bottled: Wild Grape Pyment, Dry Hopped Mead, Wild Grape Wine, Blackberry Melomel, Plastic Melomel
Screwed Up: Pale Ale, Stout, Maple wine, Blueberry Melomel.
*Chug-a-lug, Chug-a-lug*

Old 03-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #73
rycov
Recipes 

yeah. if its on tap they can get a sample. and if its local then people would probably be more likely to try it. i think you've got a cool idea and hope you get it all figured out. it's gonna be a LOT of work, but i think you should be able to figure something out. just don't get discouraged at how much work it is. the more you look into it the more your gonna realize how much there is to do, don't give up.

Quote:

Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #74
pvtpublic
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycov
yeah. if its on tap they can get a sample. and if its local then people would probably be more likely to try it. i think you've got a cool idea and hope you get it all figured out. it's gonna be a LOT of work, but i think you should be able to figure something out. just don't get discouraged at how much work it is. the more you look into it the more your gonna realize how much there is to do, don't give up.
I thank you for that. I'm not too worried about work. If I made it through Iraq, I can can make it throught this. Would you have any other suggestions?

Primary: Great Pumpkin Ale
Secondary: Maple Red Ale
Aging: nadda
Bottled: Wild Grape Pyment, Dry Hopped Mead, Wild Grape Wine, Blackberry Melomel, Plastic Melomel
Screwed Up: Pale Ale, Stout, Maple wine, Blueberry Melomel.
*Chug-a-lug, Chug-a-lug*

Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #75
rycov
Recipes 

not at the moment. if i think of more i'll be sure to post them!

Quote:

Quick Reply