Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Recipe & Discussion, Orfy's Mild "mini-comp" for 2011 HBT competition

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #281
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AnOldUR's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,092
Liked 546 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midfielder5 View Post
maybe you are right.
I will delete mine for now.
I just deleted the cover sheet. It's the only page with your brewer number on it.

Wait . . . the brewer number isn't on the cover page either. Just the entry number.


But I thought that when the judges got the beer it only had the entry number on it?
And that'll change in the second round.
__________________
Sent from my POS computer because I refuse to own a smartphone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
That's the nature of being competitive. You find yourself wanting validation from more objective sources then your own ego.

Last edited by AnOldUR; 04-07-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: took a closer look
AnOldUR is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #282
Hugh_Jass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,961
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Hope this works













__________________
Quote:
"My new company is going to sell Aqua-infused(tm), Alphabetamashed(tm), Wortboiled(tm), Multihops Brewed(tm), Saccharomented(tm), Lageriffic(tm) beer. - Bobby_M
Pigs are fantastic creatures. They convert vegetables into bacon.
Hugh_Jass is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #283
KingBrianI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 3,487
Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Huge ass, you're missing the bottom of Marc Peabody's scoresheet there. Speaking of whom, he must have drank a hell of a lot of beer during this comp. He was a judge for nearly every one of my beers.

And it's funny, the judges scored you exactly the opposite of me. Marc and Andy gave me low scores while Frank gave me a good score while they reversed for you. Go figure.

__________________

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

KingBrianI is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #284
Hugh_Jass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,961
Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrianI View Post
Huge ass, you're missing the bottom of Marc Peabody's scoresheet there. Speaking of whom, he must have drank a hell of a lot of beer during this comp. He was a judge for nearly every one of my beers.

And it's funny, the judges scored you exactly the opposite of me. Marc and Andy gave me low scores while Frank gave me a good score while they reversed for you. Go figure.
oooops. sorry.



The judging day was spread out over ~7 hours. IIRC, each judge judged 3 categories. You were just lucky enough to enter beers in his assigned categories.
__________________
Quote:
"My new company is going to sell Aqua-infused(tm), Alphabetamashed(tm), Wortboiled(tm), Multihops Brewed(tm), Saccharomented(tm), Lageriffic(tm) beer. - Bobby_M
Pigs are fantastic creatures. They convert vegetables into bacon.
Hugh_Jass is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 AM   #285
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 60,580
Liked 4342 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
I just deleted the cover sheet. It's the only page with your brewer number on it.

Wait . . . the brewer number isn't on the cover page either. Just the entry number.


But I thought that when the judges got the beer it only had the entry number on it?
And that'll change in the second round.
The ONLY number the judges see is the entry number! The brewer number just helps me know who is who. The entry number is unique for each beer, and that's the only identifier the judges see.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:40 AM   #286
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AnOldUR's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,092
Liked 546 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
The ONLY number the judges see is the entry number! The brewer number just helps me know who is who. The entry number is unique for each beer, and that's the only identifier the judges see.
So, posting score sheets here shouldn't have any influence on the judging?
__________________
Sent from my POS computer because I refuse to own a smartphone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
That's the nature of being competitive. You find yourself wanting validation from more objective sources then your own ego.
AnOldUR is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #287
KingBrianI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 3,487
Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
So, posting score sheets here shouldn't have any influence on the judging?
Your entry number is on each scoresheet, as well as the beer they will be judging in the second round, so if the judges were looking at this thread, and had a good memory, it's possible they would recognize the number when they were judging the 2nd round.
__________________

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

KingBrianI is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #288
KingBrianI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 3,487
Liked 76 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
Orfy's Mild Mini-Comp First Round Results

Azscoob 42 (advanced to 2nd round)
Midfielder5 35 (advanced to 2nd round)
AnOldUR 35 (advanced to 2nd round)
Palefire 34
Hugh_Jass 33
Motobrewer 32
Mudarr 30.5
KingBrianI 30.5
Neovox 26.5
Fishkid 25
(haven't seen MeatyPortion's score)
BTW, this F'ing bums me out. FML
__________________

I'm too lazy and have too many beers going to keep updating this!

KingBrianI is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #289
AnOldUR
fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AnOldUR's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6,092
Liked 546 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 420

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrianI View Post
Your entry number is on each scoresheet, as well as the beer they will be judging in the second round, so if the judges were looking at this thread, and had a good memory, it's possible they would recognize the number when they were judging the 2nd round.
Pretty sure you'll be assigned a new entry number for the 2nd round.

Oh wait, you're right. Just checked. It's the same number.
__________________
Sent from my POS computer because I refuse to own a smartphone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
That's the nature of being competitive. You find yourself wanting validation from more objective sources then your own ego.
AnOldUR is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2011, 12:48 AM   #290
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 60,580
Liked 4342 Times on 3157 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldUR View Post
Pretty sure you'll be assigned a new entry number for the 2nd round.
Nope. The same entry numbers which were assigned at the very beginning!
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 23rd Annual 2011 Great Arizona Homebrew Competition wild Arizona HomeBrew Forum 16 05-02-2012 02:52 AM
NOW OPEN! HBT 2011 BJCP Competition Yooper Brewing Events & Local Gatherings 1542 04-15-2011 09:54 PM
American IPA Competition at Deland Craft Beer Fest, February 2011 frogguruami Florida HomeBrew Forum 7 02-11-2011 04:06 AM
2011 Peach State Brew Off - Homebrew Competition downpantera Georgia HomeBrew Forum 0 01-19-2011 05:09 PM
2011 HBT BJCP Competition now open! Yooper Brewing Events & Local Gatherings 0 01-08-2011 01:02 PM