Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > NOW OPEN! HBT 2011 BJCP Competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #241
Malticulous
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Do these comps end up with extra beer? I hope they give it away (except the <16 beers.) I really like the idea of not sending in a final round beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 PM   #242
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe View Post
Do these comps end up with extra beer? I hope they give it away (except the >16 beers.) I really like the idea of not sending in a final round beer.
Yes, lots of extra beer. It is certainly offered to people but the desire to take it usually exceeds the amount that there is.

ETA: Oops, I meant the amount that there is exceeds the desire to take it meaning some of it probably sees the drain.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #243
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conroe View Post
Do these comps end up with extra beer? I hope they give it away (except the >16 beers.) I really like the idea of not sending in a final round beer.
My homebrew club had almost 600 entries in their big competition. Only about twenty-something made the BOS round so that's over 550 leftover just from that round. Add in all the beers that didn't make the second round and there's a ton of extra beer. We had a big party and there was still a ton leftover. You couldn't leave the party without at least a sixer of full bottles and a sixer of empties. I ended up with 3 cases of empties from this comp...without trying.

Good points on over-packing. I'm guilty of it but the 'no tape inside' rule should help. No movement inside the box is key.
Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 02-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #244
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1948 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 1065

Ok, where is the competition judging going to held? Any chance I can run over there and help offload some of the xtra beer?? Or maybe even help steward the event?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #245
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Ok, where is the competition judging going to held? Any chance I can run over there and help offload some of the xtra beer?? Or maybe even help steward the event?
Ohio and Nebraska, apparently.

I doubt coming just for free beer would be looked upon favorably. If you like the idea of stewarding a competition, you won't have any problem finding competitions that will take you.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #246
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4280 Times on 3119 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post
Ohio and Nebraska, apparently.

I doubt coming just for free beer would be looked upon favorably. If you like the idea of stewarding a competition, you won't have any problem finding competitions that will take you.
Yep. If you want a road trip to steward, we can set you up!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #247
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Yep. If you want a road trip to steward, we can set you up!
Yooper,

How many entry slots are still open in the east? I'm thinking about possibly adding one more.

Thanks,

Curt

Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #248
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkid View Post
Yooper,

How many entry slots are still open in the east? I'm thinking about possibly adding one more.

Thanks,

Curt
Plenty of room! If you want to enter another, that's great! On the Paypal info "comments" area, make sure I have your brewer number. That makes it easier for me to go back and find the original entry.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #249
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Plenty of room! If you want to enter another, that's great! On the Paypal info "comments" area, make sure I have your brewer number. That makes it easier for me to go back and find the original entry.
Excellent, thanks for the quick reply! We'll have to see if I can get this last one carbed up in time.

Curt

Old 02-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #250
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

I have a couple of people who have paypal-ed their fees, but I haven't responded.

Sorry about that- the internet here has been off and on over the last three days (more off than on) and tonight I've had a couple of beers so I'm afraid of making a data entry mistake.

I'll get everybody registered tomorrow, so if you haven't heard from me by Friday evening, please send a PM to check up on the status! We've had some severe weather and the internet has been mostly out over the last three days.

Quick Reply