Originally Posted by steinsato
I've never mailed beer before. I am sending in 6 bottles. Does anyone have any recommendations of what company to use and the best way to package these? I was thinking of just putting the beers in a 6 pack holder, wrapping bubble wrap around it and sticking it in a box. Is there a better way to do this?
1. Don't use tape anywhere other than the outside of the box.
2. Line the box with a garbage back, double knot it when you are done.
3. Put a light layer of crumbled paper or bubble wrap on the top and bottom. 12" tall boxes give you room for this with standard long neck bottles.
4. Rubber band the bottle label to each bottle.
5. Rubber band a layer or two of bubble wrap to each bottle. I use one 12" perforated sheet from a roll for each bottle.
6. Pack the box TIGHT. You want no internal movement. You shouldn't need a six pack holder to keep them in place if it is tight enough.
UPS or Fedex are both fine, I use the latter as it is more convenient for me.