Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > NOW OPEN! HBT 2011 BJCP Competition
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #1111
molsonG
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beer, Jersey
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
After the final round?
this wasnt meant to be a smartass question, if that was a smartass reply. maybe i missed it in the first post, but when is the date of the final round and whats the estimated date after that for the official posting?
__________________
molsonG is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #1112
smizak
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,709
Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default

*DISCLAIMER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Heh. I just got "American hop aroma jumps out, too much for style" That was a brown porter with maybe 3/4 oz. EKG at flameout.

It should be noted that this happened at a different competition last weekend, not the HBT comp. I haven't got my sheets yet, and I'm expecting nothing less than excellent feedback. Sorry if I inadvertently offended any judges or organizers.

And leave Yoop alone you weirdos!!!
__________________

"This song goes out to me because I'm so f*ckin' cool!"~John Reis

smizak is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #1113
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 61,081
Liked 4475 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post
This is directed partially at me and I apologize. I got two copies of the same email and WRONGLY assumed that you might have accidentally been trying to send me both of my entries. I've just typically received comp results with all entries at once.

I sent a polite email and I'm truly sorry for asking the question. I'll shut up.
Believe it or not, it's not you! You were very polite. If my tone was clipped, I apologize!

The lead judge couldn't send me the rest of the scanned scoresheets this morning, because I was out of space with my IP!!!!!!! Now, I don't know what our server limits are, and the mail server was down this morning for a while, but I've NEVER been even close before. That means I'm getting a THOUSAND MGs worth of emails a day right now.

Part of it is the hundreds of pdf files that the judge sent me. But to get dozens of emails asking for more scoresheets isn't helping!

Wait until you get your email with your scoresheet. If you don't receive one by Monday, and you live in the east, by MONDAY, please contact me. In the west, I'm sorry, but it'll be closer to the end of next week since I had to mail them out. However, your ribbons DID go out. Just an envelope with a plain ribbon, so you'll still have to wait for the score sheet.

Please, for this weekend- NO emails, PMs, phone calls, etc. I really, really, really, can't do any more than I am. I've had hundreds of PMs, some badgering not related to this competition at all via PM and posting, hundreds of emails, and I'm on the verge of burnout. I promise I"m doing my best.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #1114
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonG View Post
this wasnt meant to be a smartass question, if that was a smartass reply. maybe i missed it in the first post, but when is the date of the final round and whats the estimated date after that for the official posting?
2nd round judging is taking place on 4/9. Results will be posted by 4/23.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #1115
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Believe it or not, it's not you! You were very polite. If my tone was clipped, I apologize!

The lead judge couldn't send me the rest of the scanned scoresheets this morning, because I was out of space with my IP!!!!!!! Now, I don't know what our server limits are, and the mail server was down this morning for a while, but I've NEVER been even close before. That means I'm getting a THOUSAND MGs worth of emails a day right now.

Part of it is the hundreds of pdf files that the judge sent me. But to get dozens of emails asking for more scoresheets isn't helping!

Wait until you get your email with your scoresheet. If you don't receive one by Monday, and you live in the east, by MONDAY, please contact me. In the west, I'm sorry, but it'll be closer to the end of next week since I had to mail them out. However, your ribbons DID go out. Just an envelope with a plain ribbon, so you'll still have to wait for the score sheet.

Please, for this weekend- NO emails, PMs, phone calls, etc. I really, really, really, can't do any more than I am. I've had hundreds of PMs, some badgering not related to this competition at all via PM and posting, hundreds of emails, and I'm on the verge of burnout. I promise I"m doing my best.
*slow clap*
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #1116
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 61,081
Liked 4475 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonG View Post
this wasnt meant to be a smartass question, if that was a smartass reply. maybe i missed it in the first post, but when is the date of the final round and whats the estimated date after that for the official posting?
No, of course it's not a smart ass reply! The final round will be April 9. I will post the results ASAP after the judging.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #1117
Lodovico
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 916
Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

It can't be said enough times in this thread but thanks again so much Yooper for all of your work on this. I think you get to just sit back and enter next year and pass all of this work onto someone else.

__________________
Lodovico Brewing Co.




On Draft: Mild
On Draft: IPA
On Draft: Belgian Pale Ale
In Bottle: Brett Porter
In Bottle: Flanders Red
In Bottle: Oud Bruin
Fermentor: Biere De Garde
Fermentor: Belgian Amber Ale
Lodovico is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #1118
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ohiobrewtus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,814
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post
It can't be said enough times in this thread but thanks again so much Yooper for all of your work on this. I think you get to just sit back and enter next year and pass all of this work onto someone else.
I disagree. Unless she finds some other sucker, all her work would run downhill to me next year, and there's no f*****g way that's going to happen.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
Well, if you *love* it.... again, note that my A.S.S. has five pounds.
ohiobrewtus is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #1119
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 61,081
Liked 4475 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
<shaking head> man, the chance of this comp happening again is quickly swirling down the drain

It was fun while it lasted.

All we need is just a little patience (yeah I see what I did there)
Yeah, not a chance in hell it'll happen again. No how, no way.

I spent 150+ hours on it, and Ohiobrewtus probably has 40+, Some wonderful HBT friends judged, held it at their own homebrew shop, etc, as well as perfect strangers giving time, energy, effort. Our sponsors donated prizes.

No way we'll ever do it again. Not a chance.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #1120
HokieHomeBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Posts: 161
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Yeah, not a chance in hell it'll happen again. No how, no way.

I spent 150+ hours on it, and Ohiobrewtus probably has 40+, Some wonderful HBT friends judged, held it at their own homebrew shop, etc, as well as perfect strangers giving time, energy, effort. Our sponsors donated prizes.

No way we'll ever do it again. Not a chance.
lol this is so depressing. maybe you could set up a thread for a potential competition and ask for volunteers? I would be more than happy to volunteer...even if it means i cant enter..to keep this going..this was a great competition.
__________________
HokieHomeBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 23rd Annual 2011 Great Arizona Homebrew Competition wild Arizona HomeBrew Forum 16 05-02-2012 02:52 AM
American IPA Competition at Deland Craft Beer Fest, February 2011 frogguruami Florida HomeBrew Forum 7 02-11-2011 04:06 AM
Wizard of SAAZ- January 15 2011 - Open to all homebrew beer styles! Mad_Milo Ohio HomeBrew Forum 18 01-24-2011 03:12 PM
2011 Peach State Brew Off - Homebrew Competition downpantera Georgia HomeBrew Forum 0 01-19-2011 05:09 PM
2011 HBT BJCP Competition now open! Yooper Brewing Events & Local Gatherings 0 01-08-2011 01:02 PM