Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > NOW OPEN! HBT 2011 BJCP Competition

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 02:15 AM   #1111
molsonG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
After the final round?
this wasnt meant to be a smartass question, if that was a smartass reply. maybe i missed it in the first post, but when is the date of the final round and whats the estimated date after that for the official posting?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 02:19 AM   #1112
smizak
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 36

*DISCLAIMER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
Heh. I just got "American hop aroma jumps out, too much for style" That was a brown porter with maybe 3/4 oz. EKG at flameout.

It should be noted that this happened at a different competition last weekend, not the HBT comp. I haven't got my sheets yet, and I'm expecting nothing less than excellent feedback. Sorry if I inadvertently offended any judges or organizers.

And leave Yoop alone you weirdos!!!

"This song goes out to me because I'm so f*ckin' cool!"~John Reis

Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #1113
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4475 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post
This is directed partially at me and I apologize. I got two copies of the same email and WRONGLY assumed that you might have accidentally been trying to send me both of my entries. I've just typically received comp results with all entries at once.

I sent a polite email and I'm truly sorry for asking the question. I'll shut up.
Believe it or not, it's not you! You were very polite. If my tone was clipped, I apologize!

The lead judge couldn't send me the rest of the scanned scoresheets this morning, because I was out of space with my IP!!!!!!! Now, I don't know what our server limits are, and the mail server was down this morning for a while, but I've NEVER been even close before. That means I'm getting a THOUSAND MGs worth of emails a day right now.

Part of it is the hundreds of pdf files that the judge sent me. But to get dozens of emails asking for more scoresheets isn't helping!

Wait until you get your email with your scoresheet. If you don't receive one by Monday, and you live in the east, by MONDAY, please contact me. In the west, I'm sorry, but it'll be closer to the end of next week since I had to mail them out. However, your ribbons DID go out. Just an envelope with a plain ribbon, so you'll still have to wait for the score sheet.

Please, for this weekend- NO emails, PMs, phone calls, etc. I really, really, really, can't do any more than I am. I've had hundreds of PMs, some badgering not related to this competition at all via PM and posting, hundreds of emails, and I'm on the verge of burnout. I promise I"m doing my best.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #1114
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonG View Post
this wasnt meant to be a smartass question, if that was a smartass reply. maybe i missed it in the first post, but when is the date of the final round and whats the estimated date after that for the official posting?
2nd round judging is taking place on 4/9. Results will be posted by 4/23.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:23 AM   #1115
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Quote:
Believe it or not, it's not you! You were very polite. If my tone was clipped, I apologize!

The lead judge couldn't send me the rest of the scanned scoresheets this morning, because I was out of space with my IP!!!!!!! Now, I don't know what our server limits are, and the mail server was down this morning for a while, but I've NEVER been even close before. That means I'm getting a THOUSAND MGs worth of emails a day right now.

Part of it is the hundreds of pdf files that the judge sent me. But to get dozens of emails asking for more scoresheets isn't helping!

Wait until you get your email with your scoresheet. If you don't receive one by Monday, and you live in the east, by MONDAY, please contact me. In the west, I'm sorry, but it'll be closer to the end of next week since I had to mail them out. However, your ribbons DID go out. Just an envelope with a plain ribbon, so you'll still have to wait for the score sheet.

Please, for this weekend- NO emails, PMs, phone calls, etc. I really, really, really, can't do any more than I am. I've had hundreds of PMs, some badgering not related to this competition at all via PM and posting, hundreds of emails, and I'm on the verge of burnout. I promise I"m doing my best.
*slow clap*

Old 04-02-2011, 02:24 AM   #1116
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonG View Post
No, of course it's not a smart ass reply! The final round will be April 9. I will post the results ASAP after the judging.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #1117
Lodovico
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

It can't be said enough times in this thread but thanks again so much Yooper for all of your work on this. I think you get to just sit back and enter next year and pass all of this work onto someone else.

On Draft: Mild
On Draft: IPA
On Draft: Belgian Pale Ale
In Bottle: Brett Porter
In Bottle: Flanders Red
In Bottle: Oud Bruin
Fermentor: Biere De Garde
Fermentor: Belgian Amber Ale

Old 04-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #1118
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodovico View Post
It can't be said enough times in this thread but thanks again so much Yooper for all of your work on this. I think you get to just sit back and enter next year and pass all of this work onto someone else.
I disagree. Unless she finds some other sucker, all her work would run downhill to me next year, and there's no f*****g way that's going to happen.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:28 AM   #1119
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem View Post
<shaking head> man, the chance of this comp happening again is quickly swirling down the drain

It was fun while it lasted.

All we need is just a little patience (yeah I see what I did there)
Yeah, not a chance in hell it'll happen again. No how, no way.

I spent 150+ hours on it, and Ohiobrewtus probably has 40+, Some wonderful HBT friends judged, held it at their own homebrew shop, etc, as well as perfect strangers giving time, energy, effort. Our sponsors donated prizes.

No way we'll ever do it again. Not a chance.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #1120
HokieHomeBrew
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, not a chance in hell it'll happen again. No how, no way.

I spent 150+ hours on it, and Ohiobrewtus probably has 40+, Some wonderful HBT friends judged, held it at their own homebrew shop, etc, as well as perfect strangers giving time, energy, effort. Our sponsors donated prizes.

No way we'll ever do it again. Not a chance.
lol this is so depressing. maybe you could set up a thread for a potential competition and ask for volunteers? I would be more than happy to volunteer...even if it means i cant enter..to keep this going..this was a great competition.

Quick Reply