Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Natl. Learn to Homebrew Day 2011, Nov. 5th, post your plans and gathering info here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2729 Times on 1637 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Natl. Learn to Homebrew Day 2011, Nov. 5th, post your plans and gathering info here.

Coming up next week is one of the two "Homebrew Holidays" that we have. It's a great time to come together in fellowship and fun, and to spread the gospel of homebrewing to our friends.

Learn to Homebrew Day was established by the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) in 1999 to encourage people to start homebrewing.

Around the country, if not the world, at homebrew shops, breweries, clubs and in folks back yards, groups will be gathering to brew, and teach folks how to brew.

Michigan has a ton of events, it many homebrewshops and breweries around the state.

The one that many of us in the Michigan Masher's will be attending is held at Cap N Cork homebrewing supply @ 21 and Garfield in Macomb.

(Our planning thread in the Michigan Masher's forum is here)

The event sponsored by Cap and Cork, and the Clinton River Association of Fermenting Trendsetters (CRAFT) homebrew club has grown larger every year, with over a hundred brewers, and several hundred gallons of beer to taste (and even more brewed onsite), great food, and folks eagerly sharing their love of the hobby with visitors.

Here's some pics from past events.

If any of you have events planned across the country post them here, we could make this the main thread for this year's event, so anyone looking for an even could easily find them.

Cap N Cork Homebrewing Supply
16812 21 Mile Rd.mon the southeast corner of Garfield and 21 Mile in the Country Meadows Plaza.
10 am to 4 pm (But folks start setting up even earlier.)

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
dezman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like a good time whish i was closer. Is this an annual thing? Mabe next year when i move to the LP i'll check it out.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezman View Post
Looks like a good time whish i was closer. Is this an annual thing? Mabe next year when i move to the LP i'll check it out.
There's an National Homebrewer's association brewing event every 6 months, The first Saturdays in May and November. If you are looking for an event near you I would contact the Bay De Noc Brewers and see what they have going on, email the events coordinator- events @ baydenocbrewers.org

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Gfei
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Our club here on Richmond is having its annual cluster brew that day. We get together on teams and brew around a common theme, we make a small competition out of out. We do it in the LHBS (the weekend brewer) parking lot so it's convenient for people to come out and see what's what.

Sent from my FroyoEris using Home Brew Talk

Chris
Damn Yankee Brewing

|Bar Build|

Old 10-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2035 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

Hmmm.... don't see anything on Sicilianos Market's website. They usually get in on the action for stuff like this.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
dutchcanuck
Recipes 

The Southern Ontario Brewers will be holding a L2B event at the Amsterdam Brewery near the corner of Bathurst and Front in Toronto.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
TommyB
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think there doing something at HOPPMANS in Waterford, MI that day.

KEG 1 - XTRA HARD Apfelwein (15%)
KEG 2 - XTRA HARD Apfelwein (15%)
KEG 3 - XTRA HARD Apfelwein (15%)

Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4594 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 2061

For National Learn to Homebrew Day, I plan to have Ace_Club over to teach him how to brew all grain.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
For National Learn to Homebrew Day, I plan to have Ace_Club over to teach him how to brew all grain.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4594 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 2061

Bwaaaahahaha! Good call. I'll send the wife and kids to grandma's house for the day.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.
Revvy Likes This 

Quick Reply