Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > HBT Homebrew Competition...So Bummed Out!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #11
PuckeredPenguin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Yeah I know, but the second I posted it Yooper posted her calm and respectful request, so I felt compelled to revise it:-)

I am sure someone got a screen shot of it though and I will hear about again :-) THanks for the support though:-)

Nick AKA COMMIE PINKO

Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 02:51 AM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4248 Times on 3095 Posts
Likes Given: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Yes, but those competitions have a bunch of strangers in them. It's so much better to beat the people we know on here!
LOL- well that is true, Mr. Last HBT Competition I Won Kegging Gear.
Let's see, that makes the acronym MLHCIWKG. I will now refer to you as WKG for short.

Seriously, don't turn this into a "Yooper's mad" thing. It's not that. It's just it's a ****ton of work and there are tons of expenses, and two head judges and two sites and 1200 bottles of beer to store. It's not that easy to organize via the web, and we need approximately 32 BJCP judges that weekend in two sites. We also need stewards, fridge space, and understanding spouses. With the rules being questioned so much and still having to follow BJCP guidelines by registering two competitions for so many entries, it's become a burden that right now I'm not really wanting to tackle. The judges, however, are excited about it and are still making their plans and helping me hammer out the rules.

We will let you know when we're ready. Until then, I'd be happiest if we would just let the subject die.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 AM   #13
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Seriously, don't turn this into a "Yooper's mad" thing.
Yes, but I WILL push to make this a "Yooper deserves all our love and respect for what she does" thing, even if you kick and scream and fight it all the way. You were a superwoman arranging things last year and I'm amazed you actually want to take it on again. You rock!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:07 AM   #14
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Yes, but those competitions have a bunch of strangers in them. It's so much better to beat the people we know on here!
I'll have beers at Happy Holiday Homebrew Competition, Upper Mississippi Mashout, Kansas Bier Meisters Homebrew Competition and then nationals (south region), if you want to take me on.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #15
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remilard View Post
I'll have beers at Happy Holiday Homebrew Competition, Upper Mississippi Mashout, Kansas Bier Meisters Homebrew Competition and then nationals (south region), if you want to take me on.
There you go, Cat! And I've personally sampled some of remilard's beer so I know what you're up against!

I know I told him, but the IIPA he had at NHC was one of the finest beers I've been handed. That'd be a tough one to beat.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:38 AM   #16
Hermit
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Until then, I'd be happiest if we would just let the subject die.
I wasn't going to send you my beer AND my money anyhow. That just seems so wrong somehow.....

Old 11-19-2010, 04:09 AM   #17
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 453 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Nah, the only comps I do so far are NHC and this one. I can't part with enough of my beer to enter more than that many!

Old 11-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
I wasn't going to send you my beer AND my money anyhow. That just seems so wrong somehow.....
Tell you what. To make you feel better, I'll let you buy me a beer at that place off of 224, in Boardman. Is it still there? That way, you don't have to send me beer or your money, you can just turn it over in person. I'll be there around December 28th or so.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1930 Times on 1397 Posts
Likes Given: 1053

Well, I'M bummed! I was really looking forward to sending some beer in to be judged up against some of the finest brewers in the Nation and beyond. I couldn't give a crap about the prizes anyway. I'm only in it for the feedback and personal pride.

Here's hoping this thing can be salvaged. I'm all for splitting up prizes, limiting the competition, or whatever.

How about holding a comp at one location for premium and above, with some nice prizes, and a competition elsewhere for regular members, with lesser prizes? I mean, it's fair in that the people willing to donate money to the site will have a chance at better prizes??

Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #20
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Well, I'M bummed! I was really looking forward to sending some beer in to be judged up against some of the finest brewers in the Nation and beyond. I couldn't give a crap about the prizes anyway. I'm only in it for the feedback and personal pride.

Here's hoping this thing can be salvaged. I'm all for splitting up prizes, limiting the competition, or whatever.

How about holding a comp at one location for premium and above, with some nice prizes, and a competition elsewhere for regular members, with lesser prizes? I mean, it's fair in that the people willing to donate money to the site will have a chance at better prizes??
Well, I'm only going to post once more regarding this, and then not again until the competition rules are completely 100% finalized and non-negotiable.

Just now, my phone rang. My daughter called to tell me that one of my friend's husband's died last night suddenly, of an apparent heart attack. So instead of thinking about silly things, I'm going out to my cottage to do some deer hunting after work, and then I'll be seeing what my friend needs. I'll be attending my friend's funeral in a few days. Life is too short. I already miss my friend, Chuck, who was a fine upstanding Christian man and a rock for so many. He was the director of our church camp, and a former missionary to the Sudan.

I'm not even thinking about the competition for at least a few days.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply