Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Competition Attendance Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
eddie884
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Competition Attendance Question

For the competitions that aren't restricted to solely the clubs hosting, do you have to attend the festival/fair where the competition is at in order to participate? I know you can send your beers in through UPS--can you do this just to receive feedback/comments from the judges? Would one be disqualified from winning any prizes for not attending the finals or the competition?

(I realize that the answers would change depending on the competition, but I was just wondering what the general expectation is about the brewer and his/her beer having to attend together).

thanks,
eddie

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 132 Posts

Open competitions are open. You send beer, you get feedback. You don't need to be present. Most BJCP competitions only give out ribbons. Many times there are raffles with prizes as well. To win the raffles, you have to be there.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply