Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > A Brewfest so big you can see it from space.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #1331
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 380 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Hey DWWO... I'm not super worried about it. You should know me better than that. I just like biitching about stuff. If folks want to get me a few bottles, I would appreciate it but I'm not going to lose a ton of sleep if they don't.

And don't open a bottle on my account. If you do though... let me know. I would be nervous about US-05 being able to carb a bottle up at that level of ABV... no? If the US-05 does it, sweet... I'll just go that route when I bottle my FIVE GALLONS (heehee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 PM   #1332
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I think the Consecration clone is around 10% right? I don't have my notes in front of me and I'm sure as hell not going to go reread this entire thread at the moment. Anyways, I've bottled Belgian Dark Strongs, Barleywines and Imperial Stouts that were 9-10% and they've carbed up fine. It might take a couple months to get it fully carbed but it'll get the job done. I get better results when the dry yeast is rehydrated first and then added to the bottling bucket.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:15 AM   #1333
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 380 Times on 311 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
I think the Consecration clone is around 10% right? I don't have my notes in front of me and I'm sure as hell not going to go reread this entire thread at the moment. Anyways, I've bottled Belgian Dark Strongs, Barleywines and Imperial Stouts that were 9-10% and they've carbed up fine. It might take a couple months to get it fully carbed but it'll get the job done. I get better results when the dry yeast is rehydrated first and then added to the bottling bucket.

I think we are higher than that. We were basically at 1.100 BEFORE we added 30 pounds of currants. Its a really big beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #1334
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Maybe bottling with champagne yeast would be a better idea then.

Quick Reply