Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > BJCP HBT Homebrew Competition
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #61
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4469 Times on 3252 Posts
Likes Given: 868

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrianI View Post
You're right, no one has to participate who doesn't like the rules. But I don't think I'm the only one who feels that the rules, as described, are fundamentally flawed. Maybe there are people who are OK with the rules as they stand, but won't be when the results come out and their half of the county didn't win any prizes! I don't doubt for a second beers are going to win by points that won't have won side-by-side when tasted by the same judges. I don't see how it isn't blatantly obvious to everyone that the integrity of the results of a competition as described would be compromised.
I don't agree, but I can see what you're saying. Since we are all volunteers, we all do the best we can but there is nothing in it for us. Nothing. Not financial gain, not even much appreciation. It's actually a ton of work, with countless hours for registering, organizing, getting prizes, etc. There is a ton of trash to be disposed of, judges to organize, and a whole weekend given up for those who help organize. There are scoresheets to fill out, and to mail out in a timely manner. All of the postage, paper, etc, cost money and the cost to register this comp in two sites is $70.

To be honest, at this point it's not worth it.

The competition is on hold. If and when these issues are resolved, then we will proceed.

Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply