Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Beer Wars Movie - April 16th, 2009

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
diatonic
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Beer Wars Movie - April 16th, 2009

A friend of mine just showed me this. Looks cool.

Movie looks at craft beer's David vs. Goliath story. Check out the trailer on the site.

Beer Wars Movie

Synopsis

In America, size matters. The bigger you are, the more power you have, especially in the business world.

Director Anat Baron takes you on a no holds barred exploration of the U.S. beer industry that ultimately reveals the truth behind the label of your favorite beer. Told from an insider’s perspective, the film goes behind the scenes of the daily battles and all out wars that dominate one of America’s favorite industries.

Beer Wars begins as the corporate behemoths are being challenged by small, independent brewers who are shunning the status quo and creating innovative new beers. The story is told through 2 of these entrepreneurs - Sam and Rhonda - battling the might and tactics of Corporate America. We witness their struggle to achieve their American Dream in an industry dominated by powerful corporations unwilling to cede an inch.

This contemporary David and Goliath story is ultimately about keeping your integrity (and your family’s home) in the face of temptation. Beer Wars is a revealing and entertaining journey that provides unexpected and surprising turns and promises to change the world’s opinion on those infamous 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

.:diatonic:.

1° - Simple Cider (2/15/2014) - Saison Mead (6/26/2014) - En Perpetuum (Belgian sour base) (7/3/2014)
2° - Nuthin
Aging in a wine barrel - En Perpetuum—Solera (1/23/2011)
Kegs - May the Schwarz-Bier with you (2/9/2014) — Test Depth American Stout (8/29/2013), Big Red Imperial Red IPA (1/19/2014)

My brew rig is pretty much done :)
You should follow me on Twitter - My Brew Logs

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Saw a commercial for this on television a few nights ago. I couldn't tell if it was a mockumentary or just a beer themed comedy. Anyway, I don't think I will bother to go to the theatre to see this one, but if or when it comes out on DVD I will certainly tie on a nice buzz of homebrew and watch this one weekend.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM   #3
freddyb
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I just bought tickets for this. Looks great. The panel discussion will be live via satellite in the theater. How cool!

Quick Reply