Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Virginia Homebrew Festival

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Aunt_Ester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 39

So I was at my LHBS and I noticed their franchise was sponsoring a homebrew festival in Chapel Hill, NC and inviting homebrewers to donate and serve beer to the public in return to enter a homebrew competition and free entry. The public was paying ~20 a ticket and received a number of tastes and a chance to vote to nominate and vote for the best beers. There was also a raffle. http://homebrewforhunger.com/

I'm bringing this to light because I'm curious if anyone knows where to look up legislation or who to write to ask about putting on such a production. My first guess would be to put in a call to an ABC agent. Any ideas? I think an annual event like this would receive a lot of support here in VA.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
nosnhojm20
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

This is brilliant. Have you heard anything?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
bobeer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Yes, very cool. Do you have a link to the one in NC? I think if VA did something like this it would be a big success.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."
-Groucho Marx

I'm couch surfing in the middle of moving. Will brew soon!
Keg 1: Empty
Keg 2: Empty
Bottled: Bourbon Oak Brolic Strong ale
Primary: Empty
On Deck: Ava ale, Red Ryes ale, Priceless Pup Brown,
HopHead_32 Likes This 
Old Today, 12:28 AM   #4
BradTheGeek
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I just posted about this. It is Homebrew for Hunger. All proceeds to a local foodbank. Fifth Season (gardening and LHBS) in Chapel Hill NC and Charlottesville VA put it on. Dates just announced. Cville last year was great, will be there again this year, with more brews!

Bottled: Red IPA
Fermenting: Skeeter Pee
Future plans: Cranberry Wheat, Bourbon Barrel Stout

Old Today, 12:41 AM   #5
GrogNerd
Mean Old Man
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 839 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 110

"If you want to do something, do it and then have a homebrew. If you don't want to do it, just have a homebrew" - Charlie Papazian

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout - bottle conditioning: DB8PT Session Ale, Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bulk conditioning: barleywine

Quick Reply