Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Virginia Homebrew Festival

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
Aunt_Ester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 39

So I was at my LHBS and I noticed their franchise was sponsoring a homebrew festival in Chapel Hill, NC and inviting homebrewers to donate and serve beer to the public in return to enter a homebrew competition and free entry. The public was paying ~20 a ticket and received a number of tastes and a chance to vote to nominate and vote for the best beers. There was also a raffle. http://homebrewforhunger.com/

I'm bringing this to light because I'm curious if anyone knows where to look up legislation or who to write to ask about putting on such a production. My first guess would be to put in a call to an ABC agent. Any ideas? I think an annual event like this would receive a lot of support here in VA.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #2
nosnhojm20
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

This is brilliant. Have you heard anything?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
bobeer
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Yes, very cool. Do you have a link to the one in NC? I think if VA did something like this it would be a big success.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."
-Groucho Marx

Kegged: Stony Man Pale
Bottled: Bourbon Oak Brolic Strong ale
Primary: Hill 56 clone
On Deck: Ava ale, Red Ryes ale, Priceless Pup Brown,
HopHead_32 Likes This 

Quick Reply