Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Portland Oregonian transplant: looking for a homebrewer club on the VA Eastern Shore.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
U2Fans
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Portland Oregonian transplant: looking for a homebrewer club on the VA Eastern Shore.

Hello...

I'm looking for some brew buddies to compare notes and/or brew with. I'm a recent transplant from Portland, Oregon and have the need for beer with flavor. I don't know how some people can drink "beer" with no taste. I have been brewing since I arrived here on the Eastern Shore and would like to know if there are any members here that would like to brew/compare notes on brewing.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
BrewPilot74
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Hello. I'm in VA beach. Not exactly the eastern shore but not too far away. Welcome to VA. I've been here for 2 years. Pretty decent place to live.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
U2Fans
Recipes 

It must be nice to be in VA Beach... You can actually drive in less than 2 hours and not have to spend $18 to get across the CBBT to get brewing supplies...

Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
soonerpike1748
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I live in Richmond, but my in-laws have a house in Cape Charles. I do all of my brewing in Richmond (for now), and I am still pretty new at it (1 year in).

I would love to do an eastern shore brew day. I have my father-in-law sold on growing hops in his side yard this spring.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Coastie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Welcome to the Old Dominion. There is a homebrew shop in Salisbury, MD called Eastern Shore Wine and Beer Supply.. The Homebrewers Association lists a homebrew club in Ocean City.

I hope this helps.

In the fermenter:Empty

My BeerSmith Recipes.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
esva_rig
Recipes 

Default Better late than never?

U2Fans,

We've recently started a homebrew club in the VA/Maryland Eastern Shore area (B.I.E.R.) - http://bierhomebrewclub.blogspot.com/

Our next meeting is July 15th in Pungoteague. I can forward you more details if you're interested. We're pretty small now (~15 people on our email list) and range in experience of ~4 years to <1 year.

We also are in the process of working out a deal with Xtreme Brewing (in DE) to get a delivery service setup to the WFF base (where a bunch of us work). Theyr'e some good folks to work with and I'm sure we could work out some kind of transfer if you're in the area or on my way home.

Cheers,

Josh

Quick Reply