New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Central Veeyay Brewdown Ought-Nine [#1]

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:54 PM   #21
Flyin' Lion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
I'll make one up for ya then...my Yorkshire shows up on Wednesday. I'll try one for you with the wlp002. And since I know ya, I'll only charge $29.95 for it
Sounds like a plan.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #22
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I'm going to be picking up about 4oz. of leaf EKG, that should be enough for 25 gallons of Evan's mild recipe. Evan and I are doing 10 gallons, so some lucky individual can use the rest.

That's asuming Evan doesn't want to use his pellets.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #23
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Hagen, Devaspawn are you guys in?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #24
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion View Post
I'm going to be picking up about 4oz. of leaf EKG, that should be enough for 25 gallons of Evan's mild recipe. Evan and I are doing 10 gallons, so some lucky individual can use the rest.

That's asuming Evan doesn't want to use his pellets.
Well, I can't use these pellets with this new system unless I put them in a damn grain bag. Which I might do. Not sure. Either way, as I said before, my pound of whole leaf EKG from hopsdirect should be delivered the day after tomorrow, so unless WB has a screaming deal on theirs (which I doubt...got 'em for like a buck thirty an ounce from hopsdirect), I won't need those. Don't let that stop you from getting them, though...you can never have too much EKG.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #25
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Well, I can't use these pellets with this new system unless I put them in a damn grain bag. Which I might do. Not sure. Either way, as I said before, my pound of whole leaf EKG from hopsdirect should be delivered the day after tomorrow, so unless WB has a screaming deal on theirs (which I doubt...got 'em for like a buck thirty an ounce from hopsdirect), I won't need those. Don't let that stop you from getting them, though...you can never have too much EKG.
Okay, I'll stil pick up as much as they'll let me (they cap the amount of hops you buy at 4 or 5 oz.). I thought Hopsdirect wasn't going to have them to you in time (not really direct is it?).

Old 02-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #26
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Okay, I'll stil pick up as much as they'll let me (they cap the amount of hops you buy at 4 or 5 oz.). I thought Hopsdirect wasn't going to have them to you in time (not really direct is it?).
No, what I said was, from the time the order was placed till the time they are scheduled to arrive was about a week and a half, and as such, if YOU had ordered them late last week like you were talking about doing, you probably would not have had them by the 7th.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #27
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Gotcha, but a week and a half still isn't very direct, is it?

Old 02-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #28
Evan!

Recipes 

Quote:
Gotcha, but a week and a half still isn't very direct, is it?
That's UPS ground from WA for ya. I'm sure it'd be more 'direct' if I felt like paying more than $10 in shipping, but anything other than simple ground shipping with UPS costs an arm and a leg.

And I really don't care how direct they are---I'm getting hops for a buck thirty an ounce!

Still quicker than getting something here from Canadia, too...

What really pisses me off is when companies like AHS and MoreBeer take forever to ship stuff (or don't even have it in inventory when they say they do), even though their close competitors (Midwest, NB, etc) have that stuff ready in a day. Way to lose customers, douchie! Hopsdirect (not hopsquickly ) are good guys, always helpful, and I like to support them. And their prices are kickass.

.planned:
.primary | bright:
.on tap | kegged:

Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #29
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Hopsdirect (not hopsquickly ) are good guys, always helpful, and I like to support them. And their prices are kickass.
Well fair enough. I guess I'll plan better for the next one.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #30
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

What about edibles? Dude's pulled pork sammiches were good, but I was thinking a crockpot full of Swedish Meatballs would be well-matched to this endeavor. One need only stab a meatball when the mood strikes, or they could be placed on a bun if one so desired.

What say the invitees?

Quick Reply