Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Any brewers in the Bristow/Manassas Va area?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #31
1GR8DA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Going to Jays around 12-1230 tomorrow

"Drive through it Cole. I know you can..I know it in my heart."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #32
ScottSingleton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR8DA View Post
Going to Jays around 12-1230 tomorrow
cool.. I may stop by as well. Reinforce the whole idea of having a club meet at his shop and such. The more people that mention it may help further it along :P

-Scott

Old 03-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #33
ajsnow6234
Recipes 

Just wanted to say hello here. I'm brand new to the hobby and have yet to brew myself at home yet. Any brewing I have done is at friends in the area. Been able to witness all grain and extract a few times now.

Really excited to get started soon and I just recently saw that Jay's Brewing moved about a mile from my house in Manassas. I went in and met Derek on Saturday and am even more excited to start. I had a whole plan of what I would be ordering from Northern Brewer to get started and now that I have met Derek I'm looking forward to supporting a local business.

Personally I viewed it as a "sign" that a brew supply store opened a mile from my house after showing interest in this hobby. Seems it was meant to be...

Sidenote, I scored some Hopslam, Dogfish Head 120 and Nugget Nectar this weekend and I had to drink it alone. Need to get a good group in the local area for brewing and drinking.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #34
ScottSingleton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsnow6234
Just wanted to say hello here. I'm brand new to the hobby and have yet to brew myself at home yet. Any brewing I have done is at friends in the area. Been able to witness all grain and extract a few times now.

Really excited to get started soon and I just recently saw that Jay's Brewing moved about a mile from my house in Manassas. I went in and met Derek on Saturday and am even more excited to start. I had a whole plan of what I would be ordering from Northern Brewer to get started and now that I have met Derek I'm looking forward to supporting a local business.

Personally I viewed it as a "sign" that a brew supply store opened a mile from my house after showing interest in this hobby. Seems it was meant to be...

Sidenote, I scored some Hopslam, Dogfish Head 120 and Nugget Nectar this weekend and I had to drink it alone. Need to get a good group in the local area for brewing and drinking.
I'm always up for a brew session or taste/trade. I'm in Manassas as well right near the hospital. I just brewed a centennial hopped dry IPA sat, but will be doing a batch of DFH60 clone This coming sat. If you want to join

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #35
1GR8DA
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Went to Jay's yesterday. He has my information when he is ready to start a club. I will probably pester him next week as well. I will be scheduling three brew days for different entries in upcoming competitions so there will be plenty of "hands on " opportunities if anyone is interested. Live in Victory Lakes for those of you locals.

"Drive through it Cole. I know you can..I know it in my heart."

Old 03-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #36
woodbridgebrew
Recipes 

hey guys I live over in the montclair area/95 side. I have an inconsistent work schedule but would enjoy getting together and brewing with others when I can or trading/tasting homebrew. Also would be interested in a club. Didnt know that a new lhbs had opened in manassas. thats awsome to hear.

Russ

Old 03-05-2012, 06:31 AM   #37
ScottSingleton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Thinking about whipping up a big honking Rye Imperial IPA on Saturday mid-morning if anyone wants to come assist/hang/taste. This Monster has a 19.5# grain bill for a 5 gallon batch with almost a lb of hops. Hell I'm not even sure I can fit this sucker in my 10 gallon Mash Tun :P

Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #38
Sheldon
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default NOVA Brewers

Russ

Welcome. There are at least 2 other HBers in Woodbridge including myself. The Cock and Bowl Belgium restaurant in Occoquan hosts a home brewers get together quarterly. The next one is this Wednseday at 7:30.

Hope you can join in, we do tastings at the get together.

Sheldon

Old 03-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #39
BasementBrewmistress
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Derek seems pretty busy with opening the new location. There's enough interest now that it might be worthwhile to start an informal group and keep him in the loop for when things settle down at the new shop.

Just my $0.02

Old 03-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
ScottSingleton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Oh I concur that Derek is busy; and I when I spoke with him on Friday and Saturday I didn't intend for him to do any organization of a club.

What I really wanted was just a buy-in from him on the concept of having a club that he could get behind. Either in recommending it to clients, using the parking lot for events (like this year's AHA Big Brew), etc.

When we talked I mentioned I'd drop back by in a month or so to discuss it further.

Quick Reply