Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Any brewers in the Bristow/Manassas Va area?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #131
1GR8DA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bristow, Va
Posts: 149
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Everyone has made a lot if great suggestions. Scott, I too like your agenda. I also agree that those who bring brew, get brew. I have a website we can use for the club but I am no webmaster so we will need someone to assist in setting it up. Keep the ideas coming and PM me if you want to talk directly.
Greg

__________________

"Drive through it Cole. I know you can..I know it in my heart."

1GR8DA is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #132
CastleBlack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DALE CITY, Virginia
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

GR8DA, I think I am being realistic when I think that most of the attendants will be there to network and exchange ideas with other homebrewers. I am glad you took the initiative to do this. I think there are things that interest most of us in the area such as group buys, specially when raw foods (grains etc...) are forecasted to rise along with a potential 2012 hop shortage.

I am looking forward to meeting with you and Scott and exchanging such ideas along with the usual tricks of the trade. Also, both me and my roommate (CastleBlack) are at your service for the set up of the event, do let us know.

Thanks again and happy brewing to ya.

__________________
CastleBlack is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #133
1GR8DA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bristow, Va
Posts: 149
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Default

Sorry in advance :
I will be bringing a hazelnut brown to the meeting. It's 10 days old. Gonna filter and force carb tomorrow so I don't show up empty handed. Who knows, maybe it won't kill us!

__________________

"Drive through it Cole. I know you can..I know it in my heart."

1GR8DA is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 05:24 AM   #134
CastleBlack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DALE CITY, Virginia
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR8DA View Post
Sorry in advance :
I will be bringing a hazelnut brown to the meeting. It's 10 days old. Gonna filter and force carb tomorrow so I don't show up empty handed. Who knows, maybe it won't kill us!
Sounds fantastic, I will be bringing my Ruination its pretty young too but I will also be bringing some other experimental brews along with some IPAs.

Looking forward to doing this.

Happy brewing to ya.
__________________
CastleBlack is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #135
ScottSingleton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 438
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

pulled the two-hearted clone out of the cellar today where it's been keg-priming for two weeks. It was already dry-hopped but I wanted to drop in a keg-hopper before it hits the fridge to cold crash...

didn't quite make it in time before the nucleation (sp?) hit and lost about a pint or two of beer to the foaming monster. Usually I'm pretty good about chucking the bag in and catching the lid before it foams.

Anyway -- it's on gas and in the fridge cold crashing; will definitely be ready for Wed. since it's already primed up (though I'm sure I lost a decent amount of CO2 to the foam)

-S

__________________
ScottSingleton is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #136
CastleBlack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DALE CITY, Virginia
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSingleton View Post
pulled the two-hearted clone out of the cellar today where it's been keg-priming for two weeks. It was already dry-hopped but I wanted to drop in a keg-hopper before it hits the fridge to cold crash...

didn't quite make it in time before the nucleation (sp?) hit and lost about a pint or two of beer to the foaming monster. Usually I'm pretty good about chucking the bag in and catching the lid before it foams.

Anyway -- it's on gas and in the fridge cold crashing; will definitely be ready for Wed. since it's already primed up (though I'm sure I lost a decent amount of CO2 to the foam)

-S
I am sure its ll be just fine Scott. I am bringing some IPAs, recent ones and some experimental brews. I have a project going on this month called I.P.April, for the obvious reason. Courtesy of girlfriend Kate, her brain child. Other than that looking forward to meeting up with you and helpin out if needed. I am making two hearted too later on and was hoping to exchange ideas.

Other than that happy brewing to ya and see ya soon mate.
__________________
CastleBlack is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #137
ScottSingleton
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manassas, VA
Posts: 438
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBlack View Post
I am sure its ll be just fine Scott. I am bringing some IPAs, recent ones and some experimental brews. I have a project going on this month called I.P.April, for the obvious reason. Courtesy of girlfriend Kate, her brain child. Other than that looking forward to meeting up with you and helpin out if needed. I am making two hearted too later on and was hoping to exchange ideas.
oh it will be good, it's one of my goto recipes... it will just be a bit green but the extra OZ of centennial in the Keg will make up for that with some nice aroma.

I was soooo going to do the Ruination clone today but realized it was my last weekend to do my taxes as I've got the kids next weekend and doing anything with them around is tenious at best.

On the bright side both the Two-hearted and Oberon clones are now in the mini Kegerator inside. I finally have the pipeline going well enough to occupy all my taps.

Can't wait to finally meet everyone!
__________________
ScottSingleton is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2012, 04:31 AM   #138
CastleBlack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DALE CITY, Virginia
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Cant wait to meet you too Scott and your two hearted clone as well!

Happy brewing to ya.

__________________
CastleBlack is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #139
sfcmillermd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sfcmillermd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 35
Default

Hi All
I live in Lake Terrapin right off of Spriggs Rd in Woodbridge.
I like the idea of the get together, I will however not be able to attend
as I have scouts on Wen nights.
But I will stay tuned for further developments.

__________________

Michael Miller

sfcmillermd is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #140
Sheldon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: woodbridge, va
Posts: 1,155
Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default yo

look who has arisen from the dead!! Whats up Mike. Eric and I have wondered what became of you.

Sheldon

__________________
Sheldon is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools