Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Winking Lizard - Ohio (Can't believe I didn't know)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
Newbeerguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Winking Lizard - Ohio (Can't believe I didn't know)

Man alive I feel like I just crawled out of a cave! I cannot believe I had a pub so close to me with an awesome selection and I didn't even know about it! Check out this World Beer tour thing they do:
https://winkinglizard.com/data/content/beer_tour.asp

2010 TOUR INFORMATION

The Winking Lizard Tavern World Tour of Beers for 2010 is our 24th World Tour. Each year we are challenged to offer and get the best and most varied beer selection in the nation. This year's World Tour will have more than 200 beers to choose from and will include a bottle list and a draft list to pick from. New this year to the World Tour is our Beer for Two program. These are select specialty beers in 750ml and 22oz bottle served with two glasses so you can share with a friend and receive 2 credits towards finishing your World Tour. We have also added a seasonal Stone Brewing Co. draft handle to all Winking Lizard locations, and Brooklyn Brewery, Goose Island and Thirsty Dog seasonal draft handles at a number of our locations.
As we have done for the last few World Tours, we will be offering a half-way gift when you have tried 50 beers from the World Tour. You will receive a 12 pack wheeled cooler. When you have reached 100 beers from our World Tour of Beer list you'll receive the coveted World Tour jacket and an invitation to the World Tour Finisher Party in January 2011!
To join the World Tour, visit your favorite Winking Lizard Tavern, plop down $10.00 and begin your adventure into the world of craft and imported beers. We start you off with a full color Guidebook, a wallet card so you can keep track of what you have tried, and a Tour Card that will electronically keep track of the Tour beers you have finished. You may drink the beers in any order. There are many more choices on this year's World Tour. Any comments or concerns about the World Tour, please email the beermeister@winkinglizard.com

I am pretty pumped to start this tour. There are 213 days remaining, so I better get busy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 AM   #2
malc
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yep. That place is awesome. I also love the "Keep the glass" thing they do once a month. Not sure which one you went to, but my personal favorite is the one in Peninsula. They each have their own vibe, and that one is in an old, old bar. Especially cool in the winter when the guys are coming off the ski trails and slopes

Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I did the tour in 2006 in Columbus. My wife did also and actually beat me to the punch. The cajun wings and white pizza kickass!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:53 AM   #4
pcollins
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Funny! I'm from Canada but head to Cleveland every couple of years for work with an orchestra there (Apollo's Fire). The Winking Lizard in Cleveland Heights is one of the main watering holes for the brass section. GREAT selection of beers and classic pub food. Not the place to go if you're looking for culinary delights but the beer selection is superb.

Brought back fond memories seeing the title of this thread. I'll be there in October for a week or so, will definitely hit it up.

Cheers

Old 08-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #5
a-frame
Recipes 

I ate and drank there before hitting a Cavs game last year. I remember that for a sports bar, they had a great selection of beers.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2812 Times on 2757 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Always hear them on the radio, but didn't know about their beer selection. They only advertise when the radio crew will there and the weekly douche bag contest. Kind of turned me away from it to be honest. But holy crap that beer tour looks to be the coolest, best organized thing ever!

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 08-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Always hear them on the radio, but didn't know about their beer selection. They only advertise when the radio crew will there and the weekly douche bag contest. Kind of turned me away from it to be honest. But holy crap that beer tour looks to be the coolest, best organized thing ever!
Your correct its really well run. They give you a credit card like membership card that tracks all your drinks. They have substitutions already chosen for beers if for some reason they are out at the time your ready to finish. Its pretty cool.

Quick Reply