New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > NHBC Cincinnatti--CLUB NIGHT planning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #21
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
You know, this is about the point where local Ohio people need to step up and start making some decisions.

Cincinnati is the host city and as such those that support us locally have to get a handle what they can do for us and what we can do to help them pull it off. I am more than willing to do what ever I can in terms of $$$, pre-event support in the form of shirts and other things that can be shipped, etc.

We desparately need one or two people locally that can receive goods, that will coordinate building something, find out what we can use to cook in / cook with, ect.

Who will be our Cincinnati committee, point-man, etc.

C'mon you know your city. What should we do? Should we all start brewing a Cincy Chili APA 4 ways? An Ocho Cinco Porter? A Police Brewtality Pale?
Can you get Adrian Belew or Nic Lachey to come to our booth?

What????

C'mon!! We're at 90 days people!
I'm not actually local, but I'm 2.5 hours away and will be driving, so anyone who is flying and needs to ship to someone local can send me a PM for address information and I'll make sure to get what you send me to the conference.

I don't know the Cincy area very well at all, so I'm not much help on coordinating events or meeting places locally but I'm willing to help out in whatever way that I can.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #22
Bearcat Brewmeister
Pour, Drink, Pee, Repeat
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
You know, this is about the point where local Ohio people need to step up and start making some decisions.

Cincinnati is the host city and as such those that support us locally have to get a handle what they can do for us and what we can do to help them pull it off. I am more than willing to do what ever I can in terms of $$$, pre-event support in the form of shirts and other things that can be shipped, etc.

We desparately need one or two people locally that can receive goods, that will coordinate building something, find out what we can use to cook in / cook with, ect.

Who will be our Cincinnati committee, point-man, etc.

C'mon you know your city. What should we do? Should we all start brewing a Cincy Chili APA 4 ways? An Ocho Cinco Porter? A Police Brewtality Pale?
Can you get Adrian Belew or Nic Lachey to come to our booth?

What????

C'mon!! We're at 90 days people!
I can potentially help out. It is a bit up in the air right now because I am in a job search right now and my top prospect will involve some travel. I would hate to commit right now just to find out that I won't be around. I can do some pre-planning now though. Our local homebrew club is one of the sponsors and is doing a lot of the planning fo the event. We have a club meeting tomorrow night. Is there any information you want me to get or to pass along? I have never been to nationals before so I have no frame of reference for things that would need to be organized.

Primary:
--
Next Up: Baltic Porter, Saison
Projects: Brutus Strut-stand, Freezer Conversion (Done), HERMS (Done), Lager Fermentation Mini-fridge Extension (Done)
Drinking: Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Fuller's 1845, Lakefront Fixed Gear, New Glarus Moon Man, Tröegs Troegenator

Old 04-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #23
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 119 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Sorry. I didn't mean to pop-off.

Since we're still themeless....

It would be ideal if someone could look into the prospect of getting full internet access in the club night ballroom.

Hotels generally charge for this, but if anyone has some sort of local connections with the hotel or if you know someone on the host committee, perhap someone will underwrite it.

Or perhaps the NHC has secured it and all we have to do s tap off thier wireless.

I brought a router connected to the Verizon's cell network, but the connection was crappy and spotty.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 04-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #24
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

I'm going to work with TXBrew on some of the due outs that Dude posted and will keep everyone updated on shirts, etc.

I think it mission critical to get internet in the ballroom.

That's who/what we are.

Twitter

Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #25
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Who is airtight/leadpipe locked into being there on Thursday and can serve as the contact for club night Friday and ensure that we are registered?

Quote:
If you are coming to Cincinnati this summer and your club wants to share in the fun during Club Night, you must register before June 1st. Send your club name, location and contact information to Jennifer at bathingotis@yahoo.com.
Twitter

Old 04-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3875 Times on 2830 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Quote:
Who is airtight/leadpipe locked into being there on Thursday and can serve as the contact for club night Friday and ensure that we are registered?
I will definitely be there before then. I signup up for the bourbon distillery tour on Wednesday, so I'll be there before then!

I can do it- except after June 14, I will not have any internet access at all so I can't "check in" with HBTers. I can give my cellphone number to one of you, though, if you need something when I'm on the road.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:10 PM   #27
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Cool.
I registered us and I'll put you down as the contact as well as myself.

Twitter

Old 04-04-2008, 05:30 PM   #28
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Do we have a list of HBT'rs coming? I can get shirts made and bring them with me (better & cheaper than Cafe Press) . I need the artwork to do so.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 04-04-2008, 05:32 PM   #29
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3875 Times on 2830 Posts
Likes Given: 648

Oooh, that's great! Thanks Edwort. Here is the "official" thread, but I don't think it's been updated: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=55275

pseudochef said he's coming, and will be there by Thursday, too.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #30
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm getting a quote for 25 shirts right now. Sand color, 100% cotton, with the logo on the back and a small one on the front left breast. The graphic is about 6 colors I think. I should have the quote later today.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Quick Reply