Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > New to the brew Cincy!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #31
Tbhooptie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I agree...

I have been to Listermanns a few times. But prefer Paradise. Paradise is extremely friendly and always willing to help whether its choosing a kit, ingredients for a recipe you are working on, or for equipment.
Listermanns isnt "evil" in any way, just not who I prefer... if I lived closer, I would probably go there more often to be honest.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #32
MrSpaz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, Listermann's is obviously super convenient. I'm hoping to hit up Paradise for fun sometime soon and talk to workers there, based on what people are saying. But it is cool to hit up the tap room at Listermann's. They have some good beers there and I'm working on my beer palate, which isn't very good at the moment. It's hard for me to pick out things in beer, which is obviously something needed in homebrewing.

Old 11-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #33
nmendres
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Welcome to home brewing.

I started out about a year ago with my son giving me a Mr. Beer as a present. I've moved up to 5 gallon batches and having a blast. I have a coffee stout in the fermenter right now. Someday I'll step up to all grain.

I live over on the east side near Paradise Brewing, so I go there quite a bit. Great guys there and they are helpful. I also go to Mt. Carmel Brewing, and buy their beer between batches. If you haven't been there, you should stop in.

I have brewers in my family tree, so that's always fun to know. Maybe I have the Knack.

Advice: save your Mr. Beer LBK. I use mine to make hard cider. Just sayin'.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:48 PM   #34
MrSpaz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I just hit up Paradise on Thursday. Not sure if he was the owner, but he really wasn't helpful. He kept saying "this is your beer, I'm just getting the supplies" The whole purpose of me going there was to get help for my English Bitter. I drove 35 minutes to get there as opposed to 5 to get to Listermann's. Not much help. When I got home I realized my White Labs yeast was way over it's Best By which was early May. I was very sad about the visit. Don't see a reason to go back there.

Quick Reply