Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > New to the brew Cincy!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #21
part16john
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Unfortunately I have had the same experiences at listermanns. my buddy at work and I have a running joke about the one guy and what mood he will be in. My buddy ordered a tshirt about 3 months ago and has yet to.receive it. Great products, glad to see yet another local brewer start up but people skills need some work :-)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #22
xandrake
Recipes 

Cincy brewer here too. I live in Hyde Park so Listermann's has been my go-to since I started a little over a year ago. I, too, have noticed a significant decline in customer service. I had a pretty bad experience last time that made me swear off of them for a while and get my stuff elsewhere. I'm sure I'll be back for convenience, but wish it was a better/more consistent experience.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

To their defense the last two times I have had to go there there was a different person at the register and he was very helpful. The prices really are not that bad compared to online. Now if I could just get a grain mill to improve my efficiency and to be able to buy bulk I would be happy. All the group buys I have seen have been too far away.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
DustBow
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It really seems to depends on who you get - plus I think their brewing operation is more their priority right now....Luckily I live close to Paradise and Mt Carmel Brewing so I frequent thhose 2 instead Both always friendly, more of a "come hang out here" atmosphere

"Brewing beer is neither complicated nor expensive. It's the responsibility of the brewer to make it as complicated and expensive as their spouse & budget will allow."

Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #25
Dmlsys23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts

The folks at Brew Monkeys have been super nice to me every time I visit. On my second visit, three weeks after the first, the staff not only remembered my name, but what I bought. Wound up BSing with them for 20 minutes or so about my first batch, and they gave me tips for future batches. I was really impressed! I hear good things about Paradise but haven't gotten to visit them yet. As for Listermann's, I heard the same things you guys are saying- that the customer service sucks most of the time; that you are bothering them by stopping in.

The February Malt Infusers meeting is at Brew Monkeys on the 13th. Planning on stopping by and seeing what they're all about. Anyone else going?

Old 01-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Listermanns has been really good lately as I mentioned earlier. Their grain prices are really good if you buy a whole sack. I was looking at driving to Pitt to participate in their group buy but I talked to them at listermanns and they said if you order in advance they will do a 30% discount on the sack price. $42 for 50lb 2 row is pretty darn good. If anyone is interested in specialty grains and want to split a sack 3 ways LMK. I am interested in vienna, carapils, crystal 10l, and flaked corn.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #27
KaSaBiS
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion7144 View Post
. If anyone is interested in specialty grains and want to split a sack 3 ways LMK. I am interested in vienna, carapils, crystal 10l, and flaked corn.

ill split a vienna with you if interested. never brewed with it but love the bulk pricing there
I just got a Mr Beer kit and want to brew a Double Imperial Blueberry Heffy Witesit....we have no air conditioning and live next to the sun...do you think I can logger and bottle this in time for a party I will be having next week?

Old 02-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #28
orion7144
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaSaBiS View Post
ill split a vienna with you if interested. never brewed with it but love the bulk pricing there
Sent you a PM

Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #29
MrSpaz
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I know this was from a while ago, but I was seeing if anyone's opinion of Listermann's has change, or the others for that matter. Since Listermann's is only 5 minutes from my house, that's where I go, although I've only gone a few times now. The guy behind the register answered my questions, although seemed a bit terse in his responses. He was nice though.

I then went and sampled a few of their beers in the tap room. The guy running the bar told me exactly what hops were in the beer and what it would taste like. He was insanely knowledgeable and nice.

I haven't been to Paradise or Brew Monkeys yet.

Old 09-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #30
DustBow
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I live by and prefer Paradise but Listermann's isn't "evil" or anything....if they're that close to you, then it's hard to pass up. Especially now with the brewery and Triple Digit and everything going on there.

"Brewing beer is neither complicated nor expensive. It's the responsibility of the brewer to make it as complicated and expensive as their spouse & budget will allow."

Quick Reply