Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Brewing in Toledo, Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #71
Cathedral
40oz to freedom
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 277 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart4898 View Post
Add me to the list of Toledo area brewers who frequents Titgemeiers - I live southeast of the city, halfway between Perrysburg and Fremont, and work in the city. I honestly felt bad putting in a *huge* hop order through Hops Direct a couple months ago instead of just buying from them, but being one who likes to brew some quite hoppy beers, it's not always possible to pick up 8+ oz of what I might need there, even though their stock is usually pretty good - I don't know how many LHBS stock Wyeast but they always have a lot of them in stock and they move them, my 3711 bought on Monday was less than 2 months from manufacture.

As far as where to get good beer in the area, I'll 2nd/3rd or whatever the suggestions of The Andersons and Corks in Perrysburg for retail and The Attic on Adams St. for a good selection of brews on tap. Not even sure what they might carry in bottles but the last couple times I've been in there I've had Enjoy By 11/12/13 and La Fin du Monde...certainly not your everyday BMC selections.

I'll also put in a plug for where I work - I cook at Manhattan's about a block down from The Attic. We don't have near the selection but do generally have Great Lakes seasonal, Brooklyn IPA, and possibly another one or two craft selections on tap and a few more in bottles. Despite my campaigning though we don't generally have much for the real hopheads, and I don't think we've ever had a Belgian beer in bottles or on tap. Live music Monday-Saturday every week though. Plus I'm frequently at the bar Thursday-Saturday late nights.
Love Manhattans. So does everyone I know. The gf and I are regulars at the Sunday brunch. I have a friend that works there, too-- Ashley Norris. Keep up the good work, chef.

I shop Titgemeiers when I can; unfortunately (for them and my pocket book) I'm moving into the hard-core upgrading phase of my brewing build and they don't carry the things I'm looking to drop money on, like pumps and such. So I tend to order my stuff online through MoreBeer... and it's hard not to say "ah, eff it" and place the grist on the order, especially since shipping is free and I get it literally the next day.
Kegged: Jalapeno Cream Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #72
nohbudi
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Just checking in. Not much to say about myself. I work about 3 miles from Titgemeiers, and have made a few stops in there.

My parents brewed quite a bit when I was growing up, and while they got out of it for quite a few years, my dad decided to start brewing again recently. This means, I also decided to start brewing as well. We've been brewing AG in the 6 gallon quantity, but I hope to start doing some smaller pilot batches to work on yeast related projects.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:07 PM   #73
watertower
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
Right now I'm building out equipment and waiting around for some new ohio legislation to become effective.

We are looking at a tentative opening of April 2014.

We also are scouting other locations that are outside of downtown at the moment.

Most of the equipment is ordered, minus a few fermenters, but things are progressing and going well.

Any update on this? Is this still happening?

Quick Reply