Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Brewing in Toledo, Ohio

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #31
cbmikey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
Excellent! I'll definitely keep this forum updated! Bring everyone you can! Toledo needs more good beer, and we definitely need more life in downtown. This city isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, and I definitely want to build something that everyone can be proud of.

Depending on how long it takes to get the permits (Most of the forms are complete, just need to be sent after I get into the building), I'll be looking to open the doors in August or September. Just in time to catch the tail end of baseball season, and to prepare for hockey season.

Cheers!
Sweet. I work with a good half dozen craft beer drinkers and a couple BMC sponges. I'm sure they'll all be happy to give you a few $!

->Mike
->Mr Beer Newb

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #32
Fiziks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quick Update!

I'm getting ready to finalize the lease either this week or next.

We'll be at 119 N. Ontario Street.

This building is about twice the square footage of the one on Superior and is in much better condition for just about the same rental rate. It's still within walking distance of the Hens and the Walleye, so it would have been dumb to pass it up.

I'm working with the realtor on getting a special use permit from the zoning commission, and once that's approved, we'll be moving in.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #33
mrkrausman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Quick Update!

This building is about twice the square footage of the one on Superior and is in much better condition for just about the same rental rate. It's still within walking distance of the Hens and the Walleye, so it would have been dumb to pass it up.

I'm working with the realtor on getting a special use permit from the zoning commission, and once that's approved, we'll be moving in.
Great, looking forward to stopping in . Now i will have an option other than Maumee Bay. Look forward to meeting you. I really appreciate the updates...keep them coming.
Mike from Sandusky

Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #34
ToledoBeer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Quick Update!

Sweet! Looking forward to this! Is this going to be more of a bar or more of a restaurant like Maumee Bay? Either way, the Toledo area is due for at least a few more breweries.

Also please let us know when you're going to be hiring!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Quick Update!

Sweet! That's literally right behind the building where I work now! I'm on N Erie between Washington & Monroe!

->Mike
->Mr Beer Newb

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #36
Fiziks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Alright, The lease is going to be contingent on the zoning commission. It could take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks to get an affirmative answer from them. If they decline the request, then we'll have to go for a full-on rezoning request, which could take the same amount of time. This isn't a big deal, though, because it will give me some extra time to purchase equipment without needing to pay rent.

Depending on how long this all takes, and the license with the Feds/State/Local govt, we may be looking at an opening date in early 2014.

In the meantime, we'll be setting up a KickStarter campaign to raise some extra capital for a brewing system buildout. If any of you are interested, I can direct you to that when it's up and running.

Thanks for the interest and support! Even though it may take a little longer than anticipated, we WILL be opening before the end of 2014. I've put too much time and money into this to turn back now.

The website is under construction at the moment, but will be glasscitybeer[dot]com

Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #37
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Alright, The lease is going to be contingent on the zoning commission. It could take anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks to get an affirmative answer from them. If they decline the request, then we'll have to go for a full-on rezoning request, which could take the same amount of time. This isn't a big deal, though, because it will give me some extra time to purchase equipment without needing to pay rent.

Depending on how long this all takes, and the license with the Feds/State/Local govt, we may be looking at an opening date in early 2014.

In the meantime, we'll be setting up a KickStarter campaign to raise some extra capital for a brewing system buildout. If any of you are interested, I can direct you to that when it's up and running.

Thanks for the interest and support! Even though it may take a little longer than anticipated, we WILL be opening before the end of 2014. I've put too much time and money into this to turn back now.

The website is under construction at the moment, but will be glasscitybeer[dot]com
Hells yeah! Let us know so we can all spread the word!

Best of luck to you and let us know if/how we can help!

->Mike
->Mr Beer Newb

Old 05-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #38
Fiziks
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoBeer View Post
Sweet! Looking forward to this! Is this going to be more of a bar or more of a restaurant like Maumee Bay? Either way, the Toledo area is due for at least a few more breweries.

Also please let us know when you're going to be hiring!

We're going to be opening as strictly a bar without food. We'll add a kitchen as soon as we possibly can, and the addition of a kitchen in our plan adds about $35k to the startup costs. I'd rather save that money for working capital right now and allow patrons to bring outside food in.

I'll keep posting here and on fb to keep everyone updated.

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #39
Ginwu
Recipes 

im in toledo and ive just started to brew

Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #40
Ginwu
Recipes 

I live in toledo, just started to brew too.

Quick Reply