Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Ohio HomeBrew Forum > Best bar/pub in Columbus?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
KDKid
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best bar/pub in Columbus?

I'm heading to Columbus for the weekend of May 17-19. I wanted to know where the best bar/pub was, in terms of great beer. Beer advocate reviews recommended Bob's Bar, Bodega and Winking Lizard for best beer selection. I'm not too concerned with atmosphere, trendiness or food. I'm looking for BEER. I'm a Canadian homebrewer who frequents Michigan and their awesome brewpubs/microbreweries. I need some good beer. Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #2
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 342 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I LOVE The Elevator. Great beer, food, and atmosphere, but the beer is the primary draw for me.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing, visiting the great breweries / brewpubs in CO!

Old 05-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
Demon
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Elevator is a cool place to go at night and hangout with good craft beer. Also check out Barleys Brewing in the arena district, excellent wings and great beers, check them out for lunch.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #4
drainbamage
It'll getcha drunk!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 381 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 725

The wife and I were up there a couple weeks to visit friends. Didn't make it to Elevator, but Barleys was good, and Bodega had a pretty good beer selection, as long as you don't mind hanging out with a slightly hipster-ish crowd.

Also check out Brothers Drake Meadery. They offer a flight of 5 meads for $10 ($10-$15? Things were getting a bit fuzzy by the time we got there). They have some specialties (Cascade dry-hopped mead, oak-aged mead, apple pie mead) that are very nice.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
pannell77
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The pint room, 101 beer kitchen (make a reservation), the daily growler (awesome happy hour and tons of beers on tap), barleys (smokehouse has better food than the ale house downtown), bodega (hipster central but large selection), brothers drake is an awesome change of pace, columbus brewing company, 2 world of beer locations in columbus (easton and brewery district). I am not a big fan of elevator and their beers, but to each his own.

Handmade Chalkboard and Dry Erase Tap Handles

We are one of the few that offer a Black Dry Erase version tap handle and we have some of the lowest prices on the market.

Custom Idea? No problem, just shoot us an email with your thoughts and we can work it out together.

AleYeahDesign@gmail.com

My Keezer Build

Quick Reply