Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Y'all have let me down!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 03:06 AM   #31
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 913 Times on 630 Posts
Likes Given: 116

devil chicken

that made me laugh

me llaman el gringo gruñon

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2350 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1318

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_pollo_diablo View Post
Just read thru this post and KBS was mentioned. Just thought I would share that those sneaky bastards held onto a few cases and are selling it in the company store TODAY.
</PSA>
Went to a nearby town with a decent bottle shop and asked if he had any KBS. I got a laugh and a "It sold out in the first day!"

So I asked if they would get any more, and they said that no, they only get one shipment a year.

So much for expanding your market.

And I had another Oberon last night. It's was as good as I remember.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #33
signpost
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Back when I first got into craft beers, Oberon was all I would drink while it was available. I got burnt out on it after a few years. Had one the other day (on tap) and it was alright, but didn't re-convert me.

Also, is Oberon actually hard to find? I seem to see it in every store I step foot in. It is not nearly as hard to find as Hopslam. Although the Kroger near me had cases of Hopslam when it was released, no posted limit per customer or anything.

Bottled - The Land of Pils and Honey, an imperial Saison with Clover Honey; a sour mashed Berliner Weisse; Cascade Pale Ale; Hop Wine - an Imperial India Pilsner Ale; Guajillo Ancho Brown Ale; Back To School Porter, an Imperial Robust Porter with vanilla beans

Old 04-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

No, Oberon is is easier to find than Two Hearted around here. Everyone loves it. Even a lot of BMC drinkers will pound a few Oberons in the summer.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #35
TripleNad
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
No, Oberon is is easier to find than Two Hearted around here. Everyone loves it. Even a lot of BMC drinkers will pound a few Oberons in the summer.
Two Hearted is on the shelves at Meijer in Lansing area by the masses. Not near as massful as Oberon, but wouldn't call it "hard to come by".

Old 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #36
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleNad View Post
Two Hearted is on the shelves at Meijer in Lansing area by the masses. Not near as massful as Oberon, but wouldn't call it "hard to come by".
Yeah, in Michigan it seems to be in most of the gas stations, but when Oberon comes out, it takes over.

They used Oberon as a calibration beer at a recent judging and I scored it low 40s. Lots of people scored it much less than that, but even though I was sure it wasn't Oberon, it was very good to me. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones that really likes it.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #37
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 913 Times on 630 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Oberon on tap at the local Buffalo Wing Factory

I was going to order a pint but, after trying a miscategorized Magic Hat #9, I had to have a Two Hearted to get the apricot taste out of my mouth

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 05-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #38
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 988 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 2054

Hey Homer, at our club meeting Friday night, we had our customary raffle with some really great prizes - a 55 bag of wheat malt, a bag of citra hops, some gift certificates. Then there was the customary pile of pint glasses. I don't need another stinking pint glass, thank you. Except for one - it was an Oberon glass! I lusted after it, but alas, someone else won it.

My wife's book "Uncovering Lives: Discovering One Immigrant Generation's Secrets and Lives of Forgiveness, Grace and Healing"

Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #39
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers_ View Post
Hey Homer, at our club meeting Friday night, we had our customary raffle with some really great prizes - a 55 bag of wheat malt, a bag of citra hops, some gift certificates. Then there was the customary pile of pint glasses. I don't need another stinking pint glass, thank you. Except for one - it was an Oberon glass! I lusted after it, but alas, someone else won it.
I'd like a Hopslam glass, but really that needs to be a tulip glass I guess. I got way too many pint glasses. My beer glass shelves are so full I have to keep ALL of the standard pints in the kitchen. I started a collection from all of the breweries I've been to.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
forstmeister
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 174 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I'd like a Hopslam glass, but really that needs to be a tulip glass I guess. I got way too many pint glasses. My beer glass shelves are so full I have to keep ALL of the standard pints in the kitchen. I started a collection from all of the breweries I've been to.
I had to start a box in the basement next to the kegerator since the cupboard was too full of pint glasses from the breweries I have visited. It's about the only thing my wife will let me collect so I run with it. Plus it keeps her happy since she doesn't like matching things anyway...

I drink (homebrew), therefore I am (gassy)

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS